Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 'AR' exhaust (faceplam noise maker edition)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't watch the whole video, but it could be cool if they had an entire library of sounds, ranging from beefy big block engines to spaceship sounds and more. Just last week some lady was standing in the middle of the parking lot lane I was trying to drive down. I let her stand there for a good 20 seconds before rolling my window down and saying "Excuse me". She had no idea I as there (she shouldn't have been standing in the middle of the isle, but whatever). And I didn't want to scare her by honking. So, something like this might have been good in that situation.

Reactions: New_Old_Stock
I didn't watch the whole video, but it could be cool if they had an entire library of sounds, ranging from beefy big block engines to spaceship sounds and more. Just last week some lady was standing in the middle of the parking lot lane I was trying to drive down. I let her stand there for a good 20 seconds before rolling my window down and saying "Excuse me". She had no idea I as there (she shouldn't have been standing in the middle of the isle, but whatever). And I didn't want to scare her by honking. So, something like this might have been good in that situation.
They do, their library’s got 8 profiles.

Reactions: Matsayz
Actually kind of funny. As a car person I may be interested to troll people but the actual sound sounds like crap.

And like someone else mentioned, if it could just play normal EV sounds that might be a useful default setting. I've had a number of people run out in front of my car because they prefer to listen both ways instead of looking.

That actually is a very interesting thing... not sure he had to buy a whole exhaust system to achieve that... but he probably needed some kind of partnership on that video since he name dropped it enough and offered a discount code.

I actually think the e-tron and Taycan have pretty decent sounds... but I absolutely would want it to be optional and being able to turn it off.

And like someone else mentioned, if it could just play normal EV sounds that might be a useful default setting. I've had a number of people run out in front of my car because they prefer to listen both ways instead of looking.

If you're going to go to the trouble, expense, and ostentatiousness of adding noise to a silent vehicle, then go outside the box.

Jetson's flying car
Star Wars X-Wing fighter
Enterprise phasers

Available now!

EV-Horn Pedestrian Alert System

Reactions: Matsayz

For that situation or pulling bank jobs in the fog or dark - witness, they escaped in a Mopar, I know that sound

• Funny
Reactions: SammichLover
Status
Not open for further replies.