Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 at Lease End

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I will be the First time car owner in US
I am planning to go with Model3 (RWD), little consfuion about the Lease vs. loan
If we are going with Loan/Cash, we will be getting tax rebate 7500$
What are the Cons if we go with Lease option? i am hearing insurance premium will be little high if we go with lease option, Is it true?
Looking for some math calculations here. Also which Insurance is best for Tesla when we are on lease?
I am seeing so many concerns in this community with Insurance claims with Tesla.

If i go with 3 years lease with down payment 0$ down payment/488# per month (Blue Color)/10K Miles/36 Months, on an avg i will be paying - 17568 without taxes and documentation charges
If i go with loan option, just to reduce down payment i am interested to pay 10k down payment with 72 months duration, on avg its showing 578$ EMI with 5.44% APR (As a first time buyer 735 Credit score, i will be getting 6% APR, minimum current interest rates) - Overall i will be paying - 20808$ (Of course will be getting 7500$ tax rebate)

Am i doing any wrong calculations here?

Please advise and share your thoughts on lease vs loan Cons, Where i can get best interest rate as a First time car owner with my above details, what is your opinion on credit unions (I am from Florida,Orlando)

This particular one can be sold as new.

The original one I was supposed to take delivery of on Thursday was a demo being sold as new until they realized the title issue and couldn’t sell it as new.

That’s called a buyout.
But will they give me a “price” to buy my car?