Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 at Service Center for 40+ days, Tesla claims Advisor was lying and not being repaired

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened to me right after I bought my car for delivery issues, car sat thier over 30 days with no loaner and I just came back and picked it up.

Unfortunately I’m just going to wait until tesla fixes their service issues. I was at the Buena park service center in so cal.

Question: If you were able to check the app and see the battery state, wouldn't the app have also shown the car was at some body shop and not at the SC? Just want to be sure you are covering your bases.

Is it possible that the new service advisor is just wrong about no work being done to address your steering wheel issues? I would think the manager would have some awareness of the situation given how long the car has been there. What does he have to say?

I suppose he could be wrong, but he was going based off what he sees in the system. I guess time will tell what the heck is going on after I talk with a service manager. If the steering wheel buttons still do not work properly, that could be another few weeks this car has been at the service center. Thankfully I have a Model S loaner (free supercharging).

That’s ridiculous advice. Tesla warranties the battery for 70% original range. That is it. The OP will never be able to prove that this event harmed his battery range and Tesla is under no obligation to replace the battery if his range was permanently impacted by this event.

Anybody doing work on a Tesla should be able to leave it plugged in to at least 120V circuit to maintain the battery when it is sitting for weeks.

Hehe, was reading through, wondering how far down the thread I’d go before someone pointed out this bloody obvious aspect.

This experience, while it involved more negligence than mine, is nonetheless pretty similar to what I’ve come across. There’s this unfortunate incompetence, arrogance and lack of care and respect that, as much as we’re inclined to support Tesla, should not be rewarded. Stupidity and indolence must hurt, or nothing would ever improve and the company would just wither away.

OP, you may just take a chance on this and overlook the experience to date. Make no mistake though, your future experience will be no better. If I were in your shoes, I’d ask for my money back and walk away!

The worst part, still no call from a service manager. I got a text message today saying my car was ready to be picked up but they were unable to recreate the steering wheel button issues (the reason for the service appt over a month ago). Mind you this is the same issue that the original service manager said they were working on for a month, the same issue I was able to recreate with him in my car in Feb, the same issue that the original service manager said "that's not right, we need to have this fixed".

Via the service text dialogue I demanded to speak to a service manager before I pick up my car, because I need answers.

• Informative
Reactions: stayfocus18