Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Audio Flat Sounding From Rear Speakers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Must be nice to get in for service in a decent timeframe. Here in Tampa they are 6 weeks out from getting cars serviced. I just reset the car again and told Tesla. Still no response from their terrible tech support.
I got lucky, I was anticipating two weeks out. However I had to chose a service center that I am not a fan on (prior experience). The original center was booked, so I just took whatever worked in the mean time.

This is getting annoying as 💩...this is obvious software update bug. Never had before most recent update...now daily loss of immersive audio and need for 2 wheel reset.
Just took it to service center and they tried to exempt the warranty by saying its the tinted window..
I said come on.. if it was it would had happend a few months ago and others are experiencing the same problem.

This just happened to me for the first time today... and a reboot doesn't fix it :/ anyone else recently start experiening this issue? I'm on the current latest 10.4 FSD beta firmware 2021.36.8.5 ... in addition to the rear speakers/sub being out, my voice recognition (which until now had been nearly flawless) is clearly fubar and transcribes maybe 30% of what I say properly.

Does anyone have any updates on this? We’ve been seeing it for about three weeks (and we’ve only owned the Tesla for four weeks!). We’re still on 2031.35.102.

I have a mobile service visit scheduled for next week, but I’m not expecting them to be able to do much if it’s a software issue.

Just experiencing the same problem now. I do the two button soft reset works for a while but goes back to cassette quality sound. Bit annoying.

Software: 2020.48.12628 model 3 long range with premium sound.
I have EXACTLY the same issue. The issue manifests mostly when moving from a complete stop. Was thinking it was the wiring harness shorting out, but rebooting typically fixes the problem for a while. Now it happens ever more often.

I also have no sound from rearspeakers/subwoofer. I am on version 2022.12.3.2. I've tried the scroll reset and disconnecting/reconnecting the cables to the amplifier with no resolution. I have a service ticket open but appointment is not until end of the month.

Last edited:
These are the most annoying type of issues with a car. Not "mission critical" but busting the pleasure to drive it.
Jump on Tesla service guys ... these things should be non-existent on a car of this value, that wants to be positioned in the "luxury sedan" bracket.