Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Australia - Massive Price Cut

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very possible that even first batch of 2021 model 3 s will come from GF Shanghai this quarter and none from Fremont for sale to customers in Aus

I spoke to Tesla today and they confirmed they are coming from the US and the next shipment as well from the US. I wouldn't expect much from Shanghai as the only model 3's that are approved in Australia at the moment are US factory based.

Reactions: erosco and Fazza
I had a quickly look at one of my P+ invoices from the first batch last year and it’s now very slightly under that price (white on white).

The LR surprised me, I never had one on order, but I’m pretty sure it’s never been that low (NSW was early $90ks I believe vs $89k now). Plus it now includes 19” wheels as standard.

Remember we also had the stealth P for a short time, those were 90k+ stamp but I don't think you got AP for free.
I hadn't taken into account that all cars have free Autopilot now so this makes current prices the lowest ever in Aus.
In am quite sure the exchange rate adjustment hasn't come back yet so if that happens, a further -$3k for P and -$6.5k for SR+

The first batch may just be coming in from US... ..don't think gf Shanghai making them for our market just yet.. next batch from Dec builds will likely be from GF Shanghai.. @Vedaprime please assist with vins on their way ? If M in vin then definitely refresh and from US..china vins will be different to current well known tesla 5YJ...?

There is no shipping data yet to confirm.
I will be announcing on twitter once I see the first cars in the ships. I will know if they are all 2021 or not and what variants they are as I will have the vin.

Right hand drive, so far, has only been spotted in Fremont.

Remember we also had the stealth P for a short time, those were 90k+ stamp but I don't think you got AP for free.
I hadn't taken into account that all cars have free Autopilot now so this makes current prices the lowest ever in Aus.
In am quite sure the exchange rate adjustment hasn't come back yet so if that happens, a further -$3k for P and -$6.5k for SR+
There's been no change in AP inclusion since the first Oz orders/deliveries ie. AP was included in the base price in June last year as it is now.
I just looked at what I paid and the same spec car is still more expensive than then so you may be right about exchange rate.

There's been no change in AP inclusion since the first Oz orders/deliveries ie. AP was included in the base price in June last year as it is now.
I just looked at what I paid and the same spec car is still more expensive than then so you may be right about exchange rate.

That surprises me.

My P+ Sep 2019 delivered was within $300 of the current price.

However, my P- Sep 2019 delivered MSM was $95.5k (no FSD). Given P- prices equalled LR prices I see the new prices as substantially cheaper now for the LR (by approx $3k) and for that they now include the new 19” alloy wheels.

These prices are NSW driveaway.

There is no shipping data yet to confirm.
I will be announcing on twitter once I see the first cars in the ships. I will know if they are all 2021 or not and what variants they are as I will have the vin.

Right hand drive, so far, has only been spotted in Fremont.

Thoughts on timeframe Veda? Given the 4-8week delivery timeframe I imagine a ship would need to leave US within the next fortnight.

Thoughts on timeframe Veda? Given the 4-8week delivery timeframe I imagine a ship would need to leave US within the next fortnight.

I've spoken to my Tesla Dealer from Sydney yesterday and he confirmed 4-6week delivery timeframe for Model 3 P that is ordered this week. He also confirmed it is very likely to come from US.

@Vedaprime let us know once you see the cars in ships!

• Helpful
Reactions: erosco
That surprises me.

My P+ Sep 2019 delivered was within $300 of the current price.

However, my P- Sep 2019 delivered MSM was $95.5k (no FSD). Given P- prices equalled LR prices I see the new prices as substantially cheaper now for the LR (by approx $3k) and for that they now include the new 19” alloy wheels.

These prices are NSW driveaway.

There was a marketing exercise at release that made it attractive at the time but is the P- comparable to LR even with in-app speed boo$t (is it $3k here?)?

I was speaking with another TOCA member yesterday and we feel that it is possible that Australia/NZ will be the first globally to receive the refreshed Model 3s (due in approx 3 weeks).

Would be an interesting turn of events as we generally look to US for the latest Tesla update videos/articles.

I was speaking with another TOCA member yesterday and we feel that it is possible that Australia/NZ will be the first globally to receive the refreshed Model 3s (due in approx 3 weeks).

Hopefully Tesla sends over the spare parts as well. I've got my service booked in for late Nov for the Corporate Plan Maintenance check and have put in a order for the USB-C parts from the new model. I'll self install them so I get some decent speed phone charging. I've already ordered the custom cable adapter from the USA.

Hopefully Tesla sends over the spare parts as well. I've got my service booked in for late Nov for the Corporate Plan Maintenance check and have put in a order for the USB-C parts from the new model. I'll self install them so I get some decent speed phone charging. I've already ordered the custom cable adapter from the USA.

There are supposedly multiple ships en route ... so fingers crossed!