Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Auto Pilot kick in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my new model 3 long range on Thursday this week. Have now clocked up 99 kms and waiting on autopilot to kick in. The manual says it should kick in before 160 kms. Can anyone let me know how long theirs took to start.
Hmmm…. When I picked mine up from Chatswood in March this year I reckon it had calibrated and everything was available by the time I was on Wakehurst Parkway (less than 20km anyway).

Is the autopilot cruise control working (one click downwards when driving)? If not do you get a warning message shown below the picture of the car on the screen when you try to activate it? If it hasn’t finished calibrating (or it thinks there is some hardware problem) I think it should tell you there rather than just silently not working.

Autosteer (two clicks downwards) might not be working for various reasons - depending on the road markings, etc - but the cruise control stuff should be well and truly available for you by now.

Yes it has gone to just a fraction of blue steering wheel to go but stopped there. My friend who bought one last week has the same issue but has done 130 kms.
Hmmm…. When I picked mine up from Chatswood in March this year I reckon it had calibrated and everything was available by the time I was on Wakehurst Parkway (less than 20km anyway).

Is the autopilot cruise control working (one click downwards when driving)? If not do you get a warning message shown below the picture of the car on the screen when you try to activate it? If it hasn’t finished calibrating (or it thinks there is some hardware problem) I think it should tell you there rather than just silently not working.

Autosteer (two clicks downwards) might not be working for various reasons - depending on the road markings, etc - but the cruise control stuff should be well and truly available for you by now.
Thanks for your feedback. I will drive to work tomorrow and this will be on major roads. Will try to engage cruise control and auto steer and see what happens. Although I have engaged auto pilot in settings the blue drivers wheel is still not complete hence why I was waiting Foyt it to complete.

Yep picked mine up this week at Alexandria. It was working by the time I was out of the M8 tunnel.

I was actually surprised how quick it was given stories like yours I had heard online.

Is it worth checking if you still have any plastic protective films over any of the external cameras? I’ve heard of that on the side pillars causing issues.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Yep picked mine up this week at Alexandria. It was working by the time I was out of the M8 tunnel.

I was actually surprised how quick it was given stories like yours I had heard online.

Is it worth checking if you still have any plastic protective films over any of the external cameras? I’ve heard of that on the side pillars causing issues.
What? so fast? I am at 110km and still not able to do it. Perhaps it's because I have not been on major/multi-lane freeways so far?