TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 auto steer and enhanced autopilot EAP problems

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Leroy, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Leroy

Leroy New Member

Does anyone have problems or know what's going on? The autosteer option is blue when I park the car, then when I start driving, it turns grey. When I'm on the freeway it's also grey, meaning off. I also was on the freeway and also on a 40mph residential street with no cars, and the auto lane change didn't work at all, each time. And of course auto lane change was on, on the blue button. There are many times when I engage in EAP (2 clicks downward with the right stick), it says autosteer temporarily not available, what's up with this?? Last question is, how many seconds does your model 3 enhanced autopilot go before it says for you to touch the wheel and put some light pressure on it? It used to be about 15 seconds for me, now its a little more than 20 seconds. Thanks

2. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I think you are talking about the menu options? Note that you cannot change the autosteer setting on while in drive, so it being grayed out is normal. It is possible you have a sensor issue, which is why you are getting the errors when engaging. You will have to call Tesla for that.

3. Tam

Tam Active Member

It's a matter of figuring out what the machine wants and accommodate it.

Someday machine will serve us, but as of now, we have to serve it!

You can only change the option of Autopilot while parking, not driving.

Older AP1 autolane change works both on a freeway and local streets but not your AP2 which only works on freeways with a physically divided median.

When it is not in a safe scenario or situation.

Try again in another location.

If you are asking this question, you are not using it correctly because it is meant as a hands-on, not a hands-off feature.

I would just grab one side of the steering wheel and let the weight of my arm lean on it. That way, I can feel the torque from the system and easily correct it instantly and effortlessly.

Nagging time changes over time. It used to be quite a longer time, more than 1 minute or even more. Due to recent autopilot accidents (non-fatal and fatal), it's now every 1 minute or less such as 15, 20 seconds in your experience.

4. La Piazza

La Piazza Supporting Member