Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Automated Car Wash. Possible damage done?

hcdavis3

HCD3
Mar 3, 2019
Growing old sucks, growing old broke really sucks.
Love the dog.
Maybe we should have a post of dog names, so we can get
it right, sorry Im playing the Beatles white in reverse. Need a beer.
My dog’s name (she’s an Americano Eskimo) is Molli. Love the growing old broke part.

Gasaraki

Oct 21, 2019
Syracuse, NY
Took my Model 3 to a car wash that uses rollers to propel the car. I thought i had the car in neutral but apparently it was in drive. With my foot on the break, the drive at zero mph went into lock mode. I felt one set of rollers bump the car up and then go on. The attendant I believe, stopped the rollers and had me put the car in reverse until i backed up another set of rollers and then go into neutral. The car then proceeded as desired.

I am not sure what happened. I am almost certain i had the car in neutral and then it behaved like it was in park, but maybe it was in LOCK MODE while in neutral??? Is that possible?

Could this have damaged the car? Yikes?

Your car was in Park or Drive (with hold). This mistake shouldn't have damaged the car because the car just goes over those push wheels if the car doesn't move when the belt underneath it moves.

I go through an automatic touchless car wash every other day using Neutral like any normal car.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC