Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Autopilot Free Upgrade for 2019 Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received delivery of a Model 3 (MR) February 26th, 4 days after they announced the price changes (ouch!). With the new 7 day return policy i tried to see whether or not that applied to previously delivered cars - the answer was a clear no (was worth trying).

They did point out that any car delivered without AP in 2019 would receive the upgrade for free. I have this in writing (attached). This was back on March 5th. Since then I've received 0 communications from Tesla, reached out at least 6 times with no response.

Has anyone else in the same situation experiencing something similar? Is there a specific number/department I should be calling?
Well, this is probably just stating the obvious solution here but...,

I just received communication that this is not going to happen despite your email stating it would (Tesla support lied basically)... See attached email from Tesla Support. They WILL not be giving it to all 2019 deliveries, just certain situations depending on when your ordered (I.e. before 2-28) I ordered just barely after that date and took delivery mid march.

I will never pay $3000 for AP (see attached pricing) for glorified adaptive cruise that most $50+k have standard for years now; Even my 2016 $20k explorer has adaptive cruise lol. Tesla is... not getting anymore of my money due to all their recent weirdness with pricing etc. Good luck, maybe they will come to their senses and realize that grandfathering the few 2019 stragglers will only help their cause. When that happens, I'll take the tape off my cameras :)

- J

"Hello J,

Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support. We appreciate your interest in our Autopilot software! I would first like to apologize for any confusion on this matter as information was being updated frequently at that time. Only vehicles that were ordered, but undelivered prior to the announcement on 2/28 were able to have their Autopilot packages upgraded.

At this time, we are unable to make any changes retroactively to prices offered, or grant any other discounts or offers. To see the current pricing for our Autopilot packages please log in to your Tesla Account and click "Manage" next to your vehicle. We appreciate and value feedback from those who have helped us get to where we are today, and will absolutely pass along your feedback about these changes. Thank you for helping us accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.

With regards to your spoiler, I would recommend reaching out to your local Service Center to verify parts availability. Supply has begun to normalize in most areas, however it would be best to verify before scheduling installation. You can find their contact information by visiting our website here: Find Us | Tesla.

Please visit our Support Page, which covers frequently asked questions about Tesla and your vehicle. If you have any further questions or concerns, you can reach Customer Support 24/7 at [email protected].

Best Regards,

Tesla Support
[email protected]"

to my email of:

"Support,

I was informed that those who took delivery of their model 3 in 2019 (me) and have a 2019 model (me), would be receiving autopilot for free. Is this true and if so, why has my car not been unlocked?

-J"

Attachments

• upgrades.png
    upgrades.png
    142.4 KB · Views: 129