Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Autopilot question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All!

I just picked up my Model 3, Standard RWD Tesla this weekend... absolutely love it! I do have a question about the AutoPilot Lane Assist... it seems to me it is traveling a bit too close to the center line for my liking (especially when bigger vehicles like trucks are passing. it scares the heck out of me)... notice this on all roads to include clearly marked interstate driving. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to re-calibrate or offset the lane assist a little further from the center line? Thanks!

David

Hello All!

I just picked up my Model 3, Standard RWD Tesla this weekend... absolutely love it! I do have a question about the AutoPilot Lane Assist... it seems to me it is traveling a bit too close to the center line for my liking (especially when bigger vehicles like trucks are passing. it scares the heck out of me)... notice this on all roads to include clearly marked interstate driving. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to re-calibrate or offset the lane assist a little further from the center line? Thanks!

David
Unfortunately no

Ya no doubt. I've always driven closer to the side of the road than the middle. Just safer IMO. I do believe the car is centered, but to me it often seems really close. I've gotten used to it by now, but it sure doesn't leave as much margin for other drivers who might get too close or slightly cross over as I would.

I have had my wife drive in front of me and she said it is "mostly" centered... I guess it is "mostly" just me... But I still find myself taking control when the big rigs are passing by. I am thinking that they might have done this for the FSD residential driving where you have cars parking on the street.

I hate it and agree it is to close to the left side. Maybe it is so-called in the center, but a normal driver does not always drive that way, especially when a big truck is hugging the right side of his lane. Does the tesla drift a little right the way a human would to avoid this? Nope!
the kids programming this software don't have the common sense or experience to notice the flaw.
Stampee