Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Autopilot suddenly tried to turn off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you upload the video of the test it would really give people peace of mind to see it correct itself after? Because also we need to know if AP would pull me off the road left and FSD does not. Which makes AP more unsafe than FSD? I am mainly playing devils advocate here but understand my logic I do not expect AP to do anything other than keep me on the road line with all the safety avoidance features sold with the car. The choice at that moment for the car to want to join the other road is built into AP or FSD logic crossing over? I mean a patch might come out and totally correct what was happening in my video but its happening, its unexpected and this is probably easy because it has a huge runoff. Other experiences have been an interesting angle.

I would love to go through the work of creating a video, but if you aren't going to believe it then why?

AP did NOT pull you off the road. It centered your car to the outside lanes.

FSD would not have centered you in the lane. It would have known that an exit was there and hugged the right lane markers.

I do not expect AP to do anything other than keep me on the road line
Alter your expectations. Autosteer will keep your car centered in what it believes to be the lane the car is in. If the lane widens asymmetrically (e. g. by the left side sweeping outward), this may be perceived by a passenger as a 'swerve' It uses the lane lines to identify the width of the lane, and plants your car in the center. It does not hug the lane line on either side.

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner