Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 available for Gillette EV event on April 26?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PeterK

Model X, 3 & Y Owner
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2013
Cambridge, MA
All -
I have previously gone to this Gillette EV Day, I think once with my S and once with my X, because Tesla is never able to provide a car. It's a nice and worthwhile event, giving Gillette employees who have access to chargers at work the opportunity to see various different EVs. I saw my first Mercedes B Class and VW e-Golfs there, both provided by dealers. This year, naturally, they would love to have a Model 3 to see/sit in/learn about. Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to be there with one.

Below is the email I received today from George Kirby (no relation) at Gilette:

Peter,
As in years past, we’re planning an Electric Vehicle Expo for P&G Gillette employees at our large South Boston site, both for our plant employees and our engineering groups. This year our date is Thursday April 26th during lunch time from 11am to 1pm here at 1 Gillette Park, just across from downtown Boston. We’ll be showcasing the latest EVs available in the market from several manufacturers at our main entrance grand circular driveway as part of an Earth Day celebration, helping our employees to consider driving green.

P&G Gillette in South Boston is the lead site for P&G in deploying workplace EV chargers, enabling our employees to make more sustainable choices in transportation. We currently have five EV charging stations available to our employees on site, and are looking forward to more expansion. We are not planning for test drives, only sit-in demos.

As in the past, I have still not been able to get a commitment from Tesla to showcase a vehicle at our EV Expo.

Might you have a contact in the Tesla owners community who might be able to bring their new Model 3 to Boston for show-and-tell?

Thanks!

George Kirby
Technology Section Head
Instrumentation, Gauging, & Laser Systems Engineering
The Procter & Gamble Company
Gillette Process & Engineering Group
(6I7)463-2O78
kirby dot gj at pg dot com

If anyone can do this please post a reply here and/or PM me, and feel free to contact George directly.

Thanks!
Peter

Nobody wants to show their Model 3? George told me that Tesla won't do anything. He has eight other dealers committed to bring every other EV and many PHEVs - but no Tesla!

If not a Model 3, how about an S or X? I'm likely to be out of town due to school vacation week, so can't commit my X.

Nobody wants to show their Model 3? George told me that Tesla won't do anything. He has eight other dealers committed to bring every other EV and many PHEVs - but no Tesla!

If not a Model 3, how about an S or X? I'm likely to be out of town due to school vacation week, so can't commit my X.

Actually I just realized it's not school vacation week but due to other commitments I'm not sure I can be there this year. Any volunteers?

I can bring my Model S, as I posted on facebook. But it is a 2015, pre-facelift, so it won't look "new."

Thanks, David. Though as noted above, George just heard from a relatively new Gilette employee who can attend, so at least the Model S is covered. And I’ll try to be there with my X.

Still looking for a 3 if djplong’s hasn't arrived in time.

It'll be red. Or perhaps it already is. I've read one thread that says the car gets built, then you get your VIN and another that says you get your VIN and then the car is built. With the latest pause in the Model 3 line, I'm wondering which side of it I'm on.

Hi all, unfortunately Hitesh had an important client meeting come up and he now can't make it tomorrow. Anyone out there with a Model 3 in the Boston area? Gillette EV Day at their South Boston HQ, Thursday 4/26 11am-1pm. Thanks in advance!