Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 AWD LR and RWD LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
I remember when u got my model 3 back in April of 2018 I got the long range RWD. But now I look at the design studio I don't see the RWD option anymore. Looks like they only have AWD version and it's the same base price as my RWD. Was it better to buy now instead of earlier to get AWD for the same price as RWD base of 54k?

They removed the Model 3 LR today and introduced the Model 3 MR (Mid-Range). The Model 3 LR was never $54K. It was always $49K until today when they removed it. If you have paid $5K for Autopilot, you need to subtract that when calculating the price before options.

It was an excellent decision to buy the LR as it's not going to be available anymore after a week from now (link). Tesla removed the LR because it was too good of a deal. They are trying to encourage more buyers to pick the LR-AWD.

Model 3 LR:
$35,000 Model 3 base version
$9,000 Long Range battery
$5,000 Premium Upgrades Package
Total= $49,000 before options

Model 3 LR-AWD:
$35,000 Model 3 base version
$9,000 Long Range battery
$5,000 Premium Upgrades Package
$5,000 AWD
Total= $54,000 before options

Last edited:
Tesla removed the LR because it was too good of a deal. They are trying to encourage more buyers to pick the LR-AWD.

While it may be true that Tesla is making more money on LR-AWD than it does on LR-RWD, I'm not sure that it was "too good" of a deal for the consumer. I'd argue that the extra $5k for AWD and the handling and performance that comes with it is an even better deal.

Reactions: Pkmmte