Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 AWD+ vs Model Y Perfromance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a Model 3 AWD with performance boost, and I am getting ready to place an order for a Model Y performance. In a hypothetical race, which would would be quicker for 0-60, and the 1/4 mile? Thinking the Performance Y may be slightly quicker 0-60, although I have managed quite a few runs in the 3.5 second range on my AWD+ if you include the 1 ft rollout. Any estimates of what the Model Y AWD and Performance real world numbers might be?

I own a Model 3 AWD with performance boost, and I am getting ready to place an order for a Model Y performance. In a hypothetical race, which would would be quicker for 0-60, and the 1/4 mile? Thinking the Performance Y may be slightly quicker 0-60, although I have managed quite a few runs in the 3.5 second range on my AWD+ if you include the 1 ft rollout. Any estimates of what the Model Y AWD and Performance real world numbers might be?

The difference off the line would not be much but the performance version of the model Y might have a slight advantage. At higher speeds you would close simply because of better aerodynamics and better power-to-weight at the high end as both cars get into the tapering of the motor's horsepower in its high RPM ranges. I suspect their quarter mile times would be virtually identical with not much to separate them. Obviously this is a drag race Matt Watson would want to do!

Reactions: MagnusMako