Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 battery range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here’s a good range table. The columns on the right particularly, which show the range difference a small change in speed can have, mainly due to wind resistance.

your reality will still vary from this due to weight/heating/elevation changes etc but, all else being equal, you could gain 100 miles by dropping speed by 20 mph

Tesla Range Table - Teslike.com

Use the in-car energy graph set to instantaneous range to see how speed & cabin air heater changes it.

The range has little use as an indicator as if you have 100 miles showing you will be extremely unlikely to achieve this, best just stick to the percentage then it doesn't matter about the indicated range.
This.

Owners are agonising over a ‘calculated’ number that is an extremely poor indicator. It’s a guess, based on the perfect ideal circumstances that rarely exist outside of a test cell’s rolling road. This isn’t new, the fuel range computers on every car are I’ve ever owned have been outright liars, each and every one of them. Using a laptop and a cheap bit of software, I could even change how optimistic/pessimistic they were on my VW and Audi, giving the impression of a George Bestian thirst or a monastic temperance when sipping the unleaded. It’s as fake as the light sensitivity on the model 3’s mirrors.

However, The fuel gauge on every car I’ve ever owned says Full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, Empty. It’s simple, it’s real, and it’s not ambiguous. Use that instead.