Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 bike rack (not roof or tow bar)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen a few M3s around with bike racks on the roof and also the ones that strap to a tow bar. I’m wondering if anyone has tried this type of solution with their M3 and what brand you’d recommend if so?

CA0A8452-582E-4CE9-B6CE-719C7D40B711.jpeg

I’ve seen a few M3s around with bike racks on the roof and also the ones that strap to a tow bar. I’m wondering if anyone has tried this type of solution with their M3 and what brand you’d recommend if so?

View attachment 822171
I wouldn't because the sensors will trigger as you drive the car will think you are about to back up and hit something.
If you back up your car into a parking spot that is the warning sound you will hear for your entire drive lol

If you have a hitch install by Tesla (Not available for Model 3 in North America) Tesla will push an update to your car to give you "Tow Mode" which disable the rear sensors from going off.

• Informative
Reactions: Ricecooker
Upvote 0
If you have a hitch install by Tesla (Not available for Model 3 in North America) Tesla will push an update to your car to give you "Tow Mode" which disable the rear sensors from going off.
I read somewhere you can get the tow added to a Y after delivery but the Model 3 needed to be a factory install… has that changed now too? You never used to have to get an extra download because you already had it as supplied.

Upvote 0
I read somewhere you can get the tow added to a Y after delivery but the Model 3 needed to be a factory install… has that changed now too? You never used to have to get an extra download because you already had it as supplied.
I’m North America Tesla Service Center don’t offer the installation for Model 3. However if you brought a Model Y and you didn’t choose to add the Tow hitch when you ordering the car. You can buy it after delivery of the car by buying the Tow Package and schedule a Service appointment. After installation the Tech will update your software and that will give you “Tow Mode”

But in E.U I believe that option is available for both the 3 & Y

Upvote 0
I’m North America Tesla Service Center don’t offer the installation for Model 3. However if you brought a Model Y and you didn’t choose to add the Tow hitch when you ordering the car. You can buy it after delivery of the car by buying the Tow Package and schedule a Service appointment. After installation the Tech will update your software and that will give you “Tow Mode”

But in E.U I believe that option is available for both the 3 & Y
The Model 3 with tow in the UK could not have tow added by SC … it had to be factory installed (I have one). Unless something has changed recently that’s how it still happens. The Y has always been a SC optional install. You’ll notice that this thread is about the 3.

Upvote 0