Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 bike rack

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had the Stealth EcoHitch installed on my 2019 LR AWD. Yes, there was a hole necessary to be cut in under the bumper where it sticks out. Later models come with a cover that is removable instead. If yours doesn't have that removable cover, you'll need a whole cut wide enough to not only have the hitch protrude out, it will have to be a bit wider so you can get a socket wrench in there to remove and install it. As to the install, the bumper cover comes off, and then the bumper part underneath is removed as well as a couple of adapters the bar mounts on. The hitch replaces those 2 adapters which bolt onto the rear frame. Then the bumper is installed on top of the hitch mount. Then the bumper cover is reinstalled with making a new hole or as mentioned on later models, the hole doesn't need to be created.
You can get the new skirt for $130 from Tesla with the door which is only $30 more than buying the cover for the cut hole and it has better access.

It is unique in that the engineering behind it
is unlike any other rack on the market. Parts that never wear out, metal on metal ratchet locking that holds any bike firmly in place with zero sway or movement for example. Locking pins that go through the wheels also made of metal are extra but a very reasonable price.
Extremely well designed in every way. I am not affiliated with the company in any way, but can tell you the rave reviews it gets are valid in my opinion .
Another huge thumbs up for the 1-up from me - it is super solid, lighter, quality construction and I really like that it completely fold up into a 10"x10"x34" carton so I can store it under my garage stairs (no need to hang it on a wall). it readily expands 2 4 bikes and I've never had a rack that holds the bikes so solid and does not wobble. Mine goes in a stealth hitch on my Model 3 performance. I even have a rear diffuser on it and it clears no problems.

Invest that little extra in the 1-up. Buy once, cry once. I wish I had.

You can get the new skirt for $130 from Tesla with the door which is only $30 more than buying the cover for the cut hole and it has better access.
Just to be clear, when you say skirt are you talking about the whole outer bumper that is already painted is $130? By the way, we used a razor to cut out the whole area in one continuous piece. Some people used a hole saw to do it quicker but then you have nothing left but scraps. I was planning on using the cutout piece and making it into a cover by adding an edge to it and then use something I can turn that will hold on to the inside of the bumper cover.

Yeah; So I just got one of the Allen trunk mount racks and after test fitting it and getting my bike on there... well I just ordered a stealth hitch from etrailer . Don't like how the trunk mount relies on all the tension of the straps and even with "paint protectors" for the hooks they are also touching the car on the outside of the hooks so I know they are still going to mess of the paint. Ultimately I just could see me driving 200+ miles with a bike on the trunk mount rack. At least I tried I guess. Now I gotta wait for the hitch to get here... sigh.
Can you please upload pictures and update , how do you like Allen Trunk mount? I am looking to buy one- 3 bike. Any damage or paint damage? Does it fit well on model 3 ? Thank you

Yeah; So I just got one of the Allen trunk mount racks and after test fitting it and getting my bike on there... well I just ordered a stealth hitch from etrailer . Don't like how the trunk mount relies on all the tension of the straps and even with "paint protectors" for the hooks they are also touching the car on the outside of the hooks so I know they are still going to mess of the paint. Ultimately I just could see me driving 200+ miles with a bike on the trunk mount rack. At least I tried I guess. Now I gotta wait for the hitch to get here... sigh.
Can you please upload pictures and update , how do you like Allen Trunk mount? I am looking to buy one- 3 bike. Any damage or paint damage? Does it fit well on model 3 ? Thank you