Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Black Interior Dye

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Community,

I have 2018 Model 3 RWD LR and noticed some scratches on the glovebox. I was wondering if there is a certain dye or specific color tesla has that can help me repair it. It bothers me whenever I glance at the passenger side. Any alternative options would be greatly appreciated as well.

Best,
Jaspal

Wrap the glove box with the OE like textured leather look vinyl. It looks almost identical to the OE finish and has a nice soft leather/plastic feel to it.

Luckeasy sells/used to sell it.

Or just pickup a replacement glove box off eBay Motors... plenty around from salavaged cars for anywhere between $50-150.

Reactions: Mohain
Hello Community,

I have 2018 Model 3 RWD LR and noticed some scratches on the glovebox. I was wondering if there is a certain dye or specific color tesla has that can help me repair it. It bothers me whenever I glance at the passenger side. Any alternative options would be greatly appreciated as well.

Best,
Jaspal
The other forum recommended VRP Dressing (some recommended Aerospace 303, but OP said didn't work). Doesn't hurt to try (as with all things, start in a less obvious area first).

Replied in that other forum thread last June.... the vinyl leather textured wrap is by far the best approach. Once in place, its effectively invisible - even in direct sunlight.

Dont like that? Grab a spare used glove box off eBay and replace away.

Any clear film or chemical product will not help much. Neither will targeted heatgun applications (unless you do upholstery and trim repair, restoration for a living).

Replied in that other forum thread last June.... the vinyl leather textured wrap is by far the best approach. Once in place, its effectively invisible - even in direct sunlight.

Dont like that? Grab a spare used glove box off eBay and replace away.

Any clear film or chemical product will not help much. Neither will targeted heatgun applications (unless you do upholstery and trim repair, restoration for a living).
I can't find it from luckeasy or any other vendor :/ lol