Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Black Interior Only == Not Good For Warm Climates

If black (non A/C seats) are the only choice, would you pass / wait on ordering ??

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We already know the Model 3 glass will have IR rejection so I'm not sure what 3M Crystalline would add. However, we don't know if all glass on the Model 3 has this feature.

Would you expect the same IR glass that the Model S has? Id say yes as the 3 will not get any features that are not in the S and X...
If so its not enough stock, I took my first road trip 1 week after delivery of my MS last year and the top of my head was HOT from the stock tinted and ir coated panoramic roof. Also worth pointing out I had my side and rear windows 3M Crystalline tinted at the time. When it was installed I didn't think id need to tint the panoramic roof, however when I returned from my first trip I had the roof tinted at 70% (barely noticeable) 3M Crystalline and it was a night and day improvement. I no longer can touch the top of my head and feel the heat of the sun coming though the glass...
It was a drastic change and id definitely recommend ceramic tinting over whatever the factory installs as it likely will not be enough!