TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Black Interior Only == Not Good For Warm Climates

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by AZ-3, Jun 18, 2017.

Tags:
?

If black (non A/C seats) are the only choice, would you pass / wait on ordering ??

1. No

54.3%
  2. Yes - for 30 to 90 days

7.9%
  3. Yes - for as long as it takes for my preferred color to be available

23.8%
  4. Undecided - have to wait to see the final interior / exterior color

14.0%
  1. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I find that putting a sunshade in my windshield eliminates this problem. Keeps the wheel out of direct sunlight.

• Like x 1
  2. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade

Would you expect the same IR glass that the Model S has? Id say yes as the 3 will not get any features that are not in the S and X...
    If so its not enough stock, I took my first road trip 1 week after delivery of my MS last year and the top of my head was HOT from the stock tinted and ir coated panoramic roof. Also worth pointing out I had my side and rear windows 3M Crystalline tinted at the time. When it was installed I didn't think id need to tint the panoramic roof, however when I returned from my first trip I had the roof tinted at 70% (barely noticeable) 3M Crystalline and it was a night and day improvement. I no longer can touch the top of my head and feel the heat of the sun coming though the glass...
    It was a drastic change and id definitely recommend ceramic tinting over whatever the factory installs as it likely will not be enough!

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

As for the gray, I'd love it (current BMW 328 has it), but I really can't see the 3 having a seat option the S and X don't offer any longer...