TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Blue Color

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Gdbrown56, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Gdbrown56

Gdbrown56 Member

Does anyone know if the dark blue color being offered for the 3 is the same color as the original Model S?

I have seen a few different pictures of blue Model 3's and several different color of blue. Obviously, they won't offer multiple shades/colors of blue

2. Gdbrown56

Gdbrown56 Member

I have 2012 Model S with that Dark Blue color which I love and would like the same in my Model 3.

3. Gdbrown56

Gdbrown56 Member

Here is picture of one with same color as my Model S....doctored photo or real?

Attached Files:

4. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

It's this color
    [​IMG]

The blue vs midnight silver in the shade:
    [​IMG]

5. Gdbrown56

Gdbrown56 Member

That appears to be awfully close to the same color

6. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

I am not sure what blue is 'original' but I just looked at a 2014 blue and it is very dark and can be mistaken for black in the right (wrong LOL) light. Way darker than the current blue being offered.

7. timf

timf Member

The blue on Model 3 is the same Deep Blue Metallic as Tesla currently uses on Model S and Model X and has been offered since April 2015. It is not the same as the original much darker blue that was offered from 2012 until early 2015.

• Informative x 2
  8. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

It is just the lighting. The blue is the same as what is on the S and X. Deep sea blue. Looks much darker in when in shadow and pretty bright and vibrant in the light. Its definitely not the original blue the S had many years ago.

9. sports4eva115

No reason for Tesla to give the model3 colors that current modelS or modelX don't have, that'll just add another layer of uneeded variation.