Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 boot cubbyhole

m3p_uk

Aug 1, 2019
UK
Anyone know what is supposed to be in the cubbyhole on the left near the back of the boot?
Mine was empty but looks like a tyre inflator kit or something as it's a bit of an odd shape?

Roy W.

Battery running low...
Jun 3, 2019
Derby, UK
Anyone know what is supposed to be in the cubbyhole on the left near the back of the boot?
Mine was empty but looks like a tyre inflator kit or something as it's a bit of an odd shape?
Mine was empty too. I’m not sure if the “official” Tesla tyre kit would fit there as I’ve never seen one.

I keep my hat in it ;)

m3p_uk

Aug 1, 2019
UK
Subwoofer is on the right rear. Just seems a bit strange shape/layout that it was purpose made for something to fit :confused:

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
Options for your small cubby hole

1. Store a small bag of "used" AA batteries in there, and when people who are interested in your car are having a look, take out the bag and show them this is what it uses :)

2. Leave 2 thick wires with bear ends hanging out, one red and one black and a small label on it saying "High voltage"

3. Fake hand sticking out (Just explain that Tesla Employees Amazing Car engineers, but those who jack have never been seen leaving)

4. As above - Cleaning products

Thomami

Sep 8, 2019
UK
Is there a Fondue Set? This thread sounds like The Generation Game - for them that’s lived long enough to remember, others can YouTube -

Reactions: phillcom3

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
It's for spare underwear and neck braces for occupants who experienced phantom braking - assuming the boot still opens after being rear-ended...

TM3PTN

Sep 8, 2019
Bolton
Some say it’s a hole where your longing for a different car goes - never to return, and even that it is actually a bottomless pit like Mary Poppins’ hand bag.

All we know is that it’s just extra storage space for smaller items :)

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC