TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Blog Model 3 Branding Will Be Numeric

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TMC Staff, Feb 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TMC Staff

Branding for the Tesla Model 3 will be numeric, not the three horizontal lines originally presented when the vehicle was announced. Tesla CEO Elon Musk confirmed the decision on Twitter. Confirmation comes a month after Tesla removed the mark from its website in favor of a “Model 3” logo. The official name for the vehicle...
    READ MORE

2. Rudolf

Rudolf Model ≡ on order

#2 Rudolf, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    I see on the website of the United States Patent and Trademark Office that Tesla abandoned the applications for "≡" and "Model ≡" on Feb. 06 and Feb. 12, 2017 respectively. There appears to have been no opposition to the registration of these trademarks.

I am a bit sad that ≡, in the trademark applications described as "three equal length horizontal stylized lines in the manner of a stylized number 3", is not being used after all but I guess it is all for the best in terms of marketing.

3. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Yes, 3 is much easier to type and makes is obvious that it's competing with BMW 3 series.

4. 03DSG

03DSG Member

I really like the stylized three bars. Hopefully the aftermarket looks after that. Then a little fishing line and voila!