Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Build Quality - What's your experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So first contact with Tesla Service came 2 years later when they told me there is a complimentary service to check some bolts tightness, as I had no issues with the car or issues with complimentary check, I let them do it. Now 2 months after that I had a squeak develop on the left front end near the wheel, I sent them the sound recording of it and they scheduled a check. They took one look at it and said they know its the left front control arm joint and will replace under warranty, they just had to order the part. Took them 6 weeks to get the part but they replaced it in less than an hour and the squeak was gone.

My car was identical to yours, same squeak in front upper control arm ball joint just started last week. Dropped the boots and water came out, so clearly they need to be sealed better....regreased and sealed, no more squeak. No other issues in 25K KM and 2.5 years.

IMG_20220513_104249.jpg

Car next to me at the Sc lol

I have had that happen twice now, so both sides of the rear number plate original screws have broken off. Fortunately not at the same time, so the number plate was still hanging on there when I saw. I have managed to get a few extra screws in there so haven't lost the plate, but I do agree that the original screw attachments on that bracket were not reliable or long lasting. I suspect that is not the car manufacturing fault as those plate brackets are country specific (as plate sizes and form factors differ) so whatever plate bracket supplier they use here in Australia, is not very good with the bracket screw attachment design or material quality as they break off in normal use.

Out of interest is that the screws that hold the number plate bracket to the car boot or the screws holding the number plate to the bracket?

And do you mean like the head of the screw broke off, or the plastic thread stripped out or something?

Out of interest is that the screws that hold the number plate bracket to the car boot or the screws holding the number plate to the bracket?

And do you mean like the head of the screw broke off, or the plastic thread stripped out or something?
Its the screws that hold the number plate to the plastic bracket. And the breaking off part was the whole section of plastic that houses the hole for the screw, so need to find another place to make a new hole for the screw in the plastic as that place only has a rather large hole in the plastic without the part that the screw was stuck in.

Reactions: RedSky1
Mid 2021 model SR
No issues here, slight misalignment of driver door, took it in, service said they could not adjust it much but to me it looked better
I did notice this at the rear boot but not sure if typical
Again service team advised its normal
Accepted it for now

Attachments

• CBBE1BF6-FE4E-48FC-A550-DF78F100A919.jpeg
    CBBE1BF6-FE4E-48FC-A550-DF78F100A919.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 0EB6E7BA-0225-4A7D-986A-5473A3F06D59.png
    0EB6E7BA-0225-4A7D-986A-5473A3F06D59.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
Model 3 RWD 1month since took delivery
recently we noticed the brake pedal wasn't installed properly and log a service request, we said it looks different compare with other model 3 from our friends, and Tesla came back said its absolutely normal.

Have to say the built quality is not impressive and things are not consistent...
We are not trying to be picky but when you spend $140k for two cars, you just want it to be OK rather than have faulty/damaged cars.

Is anyone have similar experience with Tesla and have made a complaint? and options available...

Attachments

• IMG20220920071206.jpg
    IMG20220920071206.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG20220920071235.jpg
    IMG20220920071235.jpg
    771.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG20220920071238.jpg
    IMG20220920071238.jpg
    601.3 KB · Views: 58
Model 3 RWD 1month since took delivery
recently we noticed the brake pedal wasn't installed properly and log a service request, we said it looks different compare with other model 3 from our friends, and Tesla came back said its absolutely normal.

Have to say the built quality is not impressive and things are not consistent...
We are not trying to be picky but when you spend $140k for two cars, you just want it to be OK rather than have faulty/damaged cars.

Is anyone have similar experience with Tesla and have made a complaint? and options available...
That looks like cost cutting of a part that they've deemed nobody will see so lets make it cheaper.

So after typing that sentence, I went out to check my cars. My 2021 M3 has the cheaper looking brake pedal with the obvious welds, whereas my 2022 MY has the shiny press fit pedals. Go figure. I'm not bothered by it, but find it interesting that they've done it.