Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Build Timelines

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon apologies if this has already been covered but I searched and didn't find anything.

I am curious, to see if anyone knows what the general timelines are from getting your RN to getting the actual car and if it is different if you order via a lease vs ordering direct from Tesla?

I ordered a Standard Range plus on 10th October through a salary sacrifice lease company, at the time of the order if i were to have ordered directly from Tesla the estimated delivery date was November, but as of today I still have not been allocated a car. Do they allocate you a car as it comes off the production line? or do they ship a load over to the UK and then go through and allocate the cars as and when they come in?

Thanks for the help, I guess I probably wont have the car until February now.

Thanks

Afternoon apologies if this has already been covered but I searched and didn't find anything.

I am curious, to see if anyone knows what the general timelines are from getting your RN to getting the actual car and if it is different if you order via a lease vs ordering direct from Tesla?

I ordered a Standard Range plus on 10th October through a salary sacrifice lease company, at the time of the order if i were to have ordered directly from Tesla the estimated delivery date was November, but as of today I still have not been allocated a car. Do they allocate you a car as it comes off the production line? or do they ship a load over to the UK and then go through and allocate the cars as and when they come in?

Thanks
Check inventory perhaps and gee up your lease firm?

Tesla historically had a mad End of Quarter Delivery Push but apparently this cost them a lot of money with Temporary Staff etc. Elon has said that this will no longer be the case going forward so some Deliveries may spill over into January. VINs are allocated once the Car is on a ship so as someone else has suggested it's worth chasing your Lease Company.

Thanks
When did you get your RN? That is when it was ordered on Tesla - Your employer and the lease company normally faff about for a couple of weeks from when you order it to when Tesla received the order.

I'd also recommend you speak to Tesla to make sure your order isn't on hold. Lease companies sometimes put on a not to be delivered before date on the order which means it is put on hold until that date - you don't get a reserved place.

Status
Not open for further replies.