Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: Cabin Temps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New owner here, took delivery Saturday December 7th. I noticed yesterday inside cabin temp was 84f while it was about 35f outside. Heater was turned off no overheat protection. From the app I turned AC on for about 30 sec and turned it back off. Next time I checked temp it was in the 50s which is normal and never increased the rest of the day. Today again I noticed temps rising inside and took screen shots of weather app and cabin temp. Did the same thing and temp is back down. Is this normal? Does heat stay on even if you turn it off? Why would the temp not increase again after switch to ac and back off. Could be the sun as it does not happen at night parked in the garage but just curious.
Screenshot_20191211-101447_Tesla.jpg
Screenshot_20191211-101501_Weather.jpg

No the heat does not stay on after you leave the car (unless you have selected the "on" mode or "dog" mode which are off by default). In my experience, the temperature shown in the app is not updated continuously and rarely correct. It always updates immediately after turning on the climate control from the app. That's why you might see the temperature reading jump up or down after activating climate control. The correct temp is the one seen after turning it on.

• Love
Reactions: JenniferH
No the heat does not stay on after you leave the car (unless you have selected the "on" mode or "dog" mode which are off by default). In my experience, the temperature shown in the app is not updated continuously and rarely correct. It always updates immediately after turning on the climate control from the app. That's why you might see the temperature reading jump up or down after activating climate control. The correct temp is the one seen after turning it on.

The temp on the App updates as soon as the car wakes up. Mine is always accurate.

Here are a few questions:
Does it actually feel like 84 when you get in the car?
Is the car sleeping when it should be?
Is the car making noise when you approach it? Or is it asleep and quiet?
Is your battery consuming power? If it is actually heating your car you're going to guzzle power.

Mine usually "updates" when the car wakes up, but then updates again to a more realistic temperature when I turn the climate on. Usually happens with both model S and 3, so I doubt this is a specific issue of mine, but then again you never know.

Interesting. When I open the App and the car is still asleep I get the temp when the car was last awake. As soon as it wakes up it gives me the current temp. Soon after I turn the climate on the temp starts to increase. Doing all of that while the car is inside a garage will never get old!

• Funny
Reactions: JenniferH
Temp is on the rise again I am at work and will go check how it feels inside in a while. Will also post a pic with temp and battery percent before i leave in about 5 hrs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191211-112112_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20191211-112112_Tesla.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 48
Again this does not happen at night in the garage could the sun be hitting where the sensor is? Ill check to see if the car is making noise when i get a chance, but according to the app heat is off and even if it was on its set to 70

My 3 is in Durango, and I regularly see +30-40 degrees F relative to outside temp on sunny days. Santa Fe is 7000', so this wouldn't surprise me. As others have said, the app temp is only accurate after waking up, and sometimes not until you adjust climate. Try parking in shade during the day and see if it happens (I bet not).

My 3 is in Durango, and I regularly see +30-40 degrees F relative to outside temp on sunny days. Santa Fe is 7000', so this wouldn't surprise me. As others have said, the app temp is only accurate after waking up, and sometimes not until you adjust climate. Try parking in shade during the day and see if it happens (I bet not).
Tha ks for the info. I think its normal as it doesnt happen in the garage at night. Its up to 84 now and charger percent is still the same and not dropping.