Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Camera caught this Model Citizen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice.....at first I was like wait...how do you know he didn’t just “run over it” and it came out from under his car. I HATE when a bag goes under my car and it “looks like I threw it out” when it exits the rear. Then I zoomed in and clearly see him ROLL DOWN HIS WINDOW AND THROW IT OUT. WTF!? I see this all the time. Drives me crazy...just like all the smokers who toss butts by the HUNDREDS out their windows...STILL LIT. I feel like pulling up next to them and saying “uh....seems like you dropped something back there”. But....ROAD RAGE.

Ski

States with Littering Penalties

Some of my favorites are:

N.H. Rev. Stat. Ann. §163-B:3 et seq. Misdemeanor. Imprisonment up to one year and fine up to $2,000 (§651:2); or, at court's discretion, conviction may require time spent cleaning the area where littering occurred. The court may publish the names of convicted persons.

Mich. Comp. Laws §324.8902 et seq. Civil Infraction. Litter amounts less than one cubic foot: fine up to $800. Litter amounts greater than one cubic foot but less than three cubic feet: fine up to $1,500. Litter amounts greater than three cubic feet: fine up to $2,500 for first conviction and up to $5,000 for subsequent convictions. (See 324.8905a). For litter thrown into the path of a moving vehicle on a highway, misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment of up to one year, fine up to $500, or both (§324.8903). In addition to penalties, the court may also require violators to pay for the cost of litter removal and any property damage (§324.8905b). Littering of material produced at a health facility is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment up to six months, fine up to $1,000, or both. Litter that involves infectious waste or pathological waste is a felony punishable by imprisonment up to 2 years, fine of up to $5,000, or both. Subsequent convictions punishable by imprisonment between one and five years and fine up to $10,000 (§324.8905).

Unfortunately jail time rarely occurs when it is listed as a punishment. The roadside biohazard bombs used by people that pee in bottles and throw out window disgust me more than anything. People maintain and mow the sides of roads. They wear spray visors because of this. I would like to play the dunk tank game with people that do that type of littering. Just no water below.

Reactions: Msjulie
I was running and a person at a red light through trash out as I was in crosswalk. I veered to below his window picked it up and held it up as I ran by front of car and said "I'll get this for you". Of course after I threw in trash can (hard to find since my brain is still on HW 2.5 :D ) I used $5,550 worth (4 drops) :eek: of hand sanitizer.