Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Cameras Will Not Calibrate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone,

My Tesla Model 3 SR w/ FSD arrived on June 24, 2021. I have not been able to get my cameras to calibrate despite driving over 200 miles on roads with lines that could not be more clear. Furthermore, in the Self Driving Visualization view, I only see the lanes on the roads, no other cars or traffic lights, or stop signs. The Green Light Chime does work, but everything else like blind spot detection does not. In my first call to support, I was informed that the right pillar camera was at 0% but the rest were at 96%-98%. After going through multiple calibration resets and hard and soft reboots, I decided to schedule a mobile service visit. That service was a complete joke and did not in any way fix issue. Since that visit, I have called support 4 more times and was walked through the same reset calibration and reboot car steps, only for the camera to still not calibrate. Has anyone else experienced something like this? if so, were you able to fix it, and if so, how? If not, do I need to schedule a visit to a service center?

Thank you in advance for responding, I really appreciate it,

Andrew

...My Tesla Model 3 SR w/ FSD arrived on June 24, 2021....

FSD costs too much and it should not take this long and especially after visiting Service Center.

It sounds like the Service Center needs to replace the affected cameras.

If not, ask your Service Center to help you to document their failures so you can claim lemon law for a full refund. They should be the expert in processing the lemon.

Upvote 0
The other thing to consider is having Tesla hook up from their laptop and restart each module. A couple of years ago, our 2017 M3 reported a right pillar camera failure. Normal and "deep" reboots had no effect.

I took it in to service and they confirmed it was hardware. I asked them to hook up their computer and reboot the actual camera module.

It's been fine ever since.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I drove over 560km on various roads in various conditions and couldn't get the calibration to finalise (it was stuck on the last 5-10%). Called tech support and they were useless. Ended up hard resetting the car and also clearing the calibration and starting again. Took it for a drive on a freeway for about 20km and then it worked!

Just thought i'd share my experience for people who are reading.

Upvote 0