Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 camping mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought you just put it in neutral instead of park and manually set the parking brake. Then you can set the climate control, stereo, interior lights, etc as long as you want to without it timing off or having to stay in the front seat. Isn't that camping mode?

I thought you just put it in neutral instead of park and manually set the parking brake. Then you can set the climate control, stereo, interior lights, etc as long as you want to without it timing off or having to stay in the front seat. Isn't that camping mode?

That was the hacked camping mode. Tesla later added a feature to the S and X that allowed you to keep the climate on after turning off the car. That feature is what the 3 doesn’t have

But I thought I saw it mentioned here by someone undergoing a car wash struggle that if you remove your weight from the driver's seat, it puts the car into park. Yes, no?

Reactions: Pkmmte
i'm really hoping this feature fixes the issue. one of the dumbest behaviors i've ever seen in a car is in my model 3. 3 passengers in car, driver steps out and AC, Radio, Car turn off. WHAT THE ACTUAL F! this happens even if the driver's phone stays in the car.

that's such a valid use case and something easy for tesla to fix. you should def leave feedback for that. [email protected] or do the standard executive review form in your account.

i'm really hoping this feature fixes the issue. one of the dumbest behaviors i've ever seen in a car is in my model 3. 3 passengers in car, driver steps out and AC, Radio, Car turn off. WHAT THE ACTUAL F! this happens even if the driver's phone stays in the car.
And if they try to get out while autolock is enabled, prepare to hear what your horn alarm sounds like.

With an android phone I just clicked the climate on button and it happened to stay on the entire night. Drained 20% of my battery overnight at 55*, but it did work.

Not sure if it's a bug that it doesn't shut off after 30 minutes.

I'm going to do the neutral, parking brake, etc thing soon for a test. Maybe the phone in the car with BTLE?

Reactions: Pkmmte