Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the Model 3 SR+ back on Oct 2nd

1) Still no VIN
2) My account had a delivery date of Nov 25-29, which has now disappeared.
3) Got a text a few days ago saying it could be another 2-4 weeks...

Anyone in Vancouver have any upcoming delivery dates?

What color and options did you have?

I ordered Sr+, MSM/Black with Aeros on Nov 29. Had Dec 13-Dec 31 Delivery estimate but changed to 2-5weeks from order date which is still that same time line. No VIN yet but did get text that my pick-up location has been changed to the new Surrey/Langley location.

Anybody here take Delivery of there SR Model 3 in the GTA, Oakville location recently? Did you find any defects? Vin ending 848xxx

Hi, I received 2 days ago a car with that 848 VIN at the Oakville location, the car is in excellent condition, only issue I could see was 2 gaps in the trunk, however they seem very normal to me, for all the horror stories I've heard, it was actually a near perfect car

This black beauty will be back in rotation shortly. My pick up tomorrow was cancelled due to body panel alignment. The techs can't fix it so its going to a body shop. Pretty bummed, been really looking forward to this car. Congrats to all you new owners that don't have any issues. Little envious.

Attachments

• IMG_20201214_091204.jpg
    IMG_20201214_091204.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 76
What color and options did you have?

I ordered Sr+, MSM/Black with Aeros on Nov 29. Had Dec 13-Dec 31 Delivery estimate but changed to 2-5weeks from order date which is still that same time line. No VIN yet but did get text that my pick-up location has been changed to the new Surrey/Langley location.

I Ordered an SR+ - white interior black exterior with 19" wheels!

I have a scheduled delivery date of this weekend, hoping it all goes well... its been a long wait!

My SR M3 arrived yesterday, and pick up is on Friday at Oakville. I was wondering if anybody has ever gone to check out their car before pickup to do some checks? Is this possible? I have my VIN.

Thanks!
Based only on my 01 Jun 2018 experience when 200+ TM3s (per day) were being delivered (out of the International Center), you can't show up just to do some checks. But, YMMV...

Enjoy your delivery day, you'll love the drive home...and it still isn't "old" 2.6 years later!

• Love
Reactions: corlaandstan
Don't worry, car dealers are an essential service, I received delivery 4 days ago even tho this region was on a lockdow.

Oh, I thought from List of priority commercial enterprises from December 25, 2020 to January 10, 2021 it says:

Authorized commercial enterprises
  • stores that sell products, parts, and other material necessary for transportation and logistics services (garages for repairs only, not for sales by car dealers);
So only garages that will do repairs will be available but not for sales by car dealers.... so I unless I misunderstood the meaning. I know someone had a 29th delivery date and now moved to 23rd.

Hi, I received 2 days ago a car with that 848 VIN at the Oakville location, the car is in excellent condition, only issue I could see was 2 gaps in the trunk, however they seem very normal to me, for all the horror stories I've heard, it was actually a near perfect car

I also got a 848 VIN, so hopefully it will be in excellent condition too. I am just worry of huge panel gaps. Did you ask them to fix the 2 gaps in the trunk?

How long before delivery did you guys receive your VIN? My SA says I’ll get my car before the end of the year and I’m right within my delivery window of 6-8weeks but no VIN yet.

My VIN did not appear until 1 week before my scheduled delivery date. However, my SA knows my VIN ahead of time and told me like 2 weeks ahead. So maybe your SA would know your VIN already.

I also got a 848 VIN, so hopefully it will be in excellent condition too. I am just worry of huge panel gaps. Did you ask them to fix the 2 gaps in the trunk?
The gaps were not that big, almost impossible to notice so I did not ask about any fixes, was too excited and took the car with me since it was nearly perfect and I had to drive 4 hours away from the Tesla Centre lol

Ordered my 2021 M3 SR+ Red with Black interior on December 10. SA reached out to me the same day letting me know my financing has been approved and my delivery location has been set and I should receive the car before end of year. Delivery location was moved to Surrey, BC on Sunday. NO VIN assigned yet. Still says 2-3 weeks from order date. Sure hope to get it before December 31. Would be a great way to end such a horrible year.

What's the significance of an 848 VIN? Is that related to time of production and options?

Just the time of production. Since my VIN starts with 848 which is the same as Gioreyes94, it means our cars were produced around the same time. Depending on the last digits as well, maybe they were right beside each other during manufacture :). The newer ones will have higher numbers... something like 850***.