Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BRUTAL! Let me know if you get further than me, all the guy was willing to do was add a note to the call, which i'm pretty sure won't drive any corrective action.
I got nowhere. He was getting heated with my when I kept pressing for answers.

He claims having a delivery location set to Calgary doesn't matter and that the DA will adjust that once a VIN is issued. I countered with that I may not receive a VIN because they are being issued to Ontario residents first it seems. He says people posting information on the Internet are basically lying (i lol'd and told him they are posting proof). He stood by his statements.

I asked why are people who ordered a few days ago are getting VINs and those who ordered weeks after are getting delivery dates. He said there aren't any Model 3s in Canada to which I replied there are. I told him there are at least 17 cars at a local service center already. I mentioned that his information is not up to date on that.

He kept stating that he can see my car is still on track for delivery soon. I asked him what evidence he is seeing that supports that and he quoted the 4-8 week delivery period. I asked what happens if it doesn't happen in that time frame to which he replied "it's just an estimate, it can go longer" SO WTF.

I kept cool and just kept asking straight, logical questions. He was getting heated and didn't want to answer anymore. Just kept repeating the same statement over and over about it still being on track. I thanked him for his time and we hung up. They are so disorganized over there.

It could have been oversight. The province menu is a dropdown, which defaults to Alberta (alphabetical order). It has happened in the past where that field was overlooked and the order is sent with province = AB. They'll do what they can to assist, they want your car delivered just as much as you want it in your driveway!

He claims having a delivery location set to Calgary doesn't matter and that the DA will adjust that once a VIN is issued. I countered with that I may not receive a VIN because they are being issued to Ontario residents first it seems.

Same claims as the person I spoke to, that the delivery location doesn't matter and it'll get cleared up when the DA calls.

But look at the facts, we are the only two, to our knowledge, that ordered on 3/27 with aeros in the GTA without a VIN, both of our orders are linked to a Calgary delivery. No way that's a coincidence.

Same claims as the person I spoke to, that the delivery location doesn't matter and it'll get cleared up when the DA calls.

But look at the facts, we are the only two, to our knowledge, that ordered on 3/27 with aeros in the GTA without a VIN, both of our orders are linked to a Calgary delivery. No way that's a coincidence.
I agree. But getting someone on the phone who can use rational thinking and actually see the connection to that is near impossible. I've emailed my DA asking if she can take a look. Waiting for a response.

Reactions: Muskol and akidesir
No kidding. And this isnt just an innocent mistake.. it could cost you the $14,000 rebate!! They need to fix this!
What proof is there that this wasn't an innocent mistake, either on Tony's part or on Tesla's? I do recall being asked to specify the postal code of my requested delivery location during the initial configuration process - perhaps there was an error at that time (not blaming anyone)? Having said that, I do agree that Tony's DS (and others in similar situations) should get this changed/corrected like yesterday.

I agree. But getting someone on the phone who can use rational thinking and actually see the connection to that is near impossible. I've emailed my DA asking if she can take a look. Waiting for a response.

Received a note from a DA (not assigned to me, but whom I've been 'harassing' on the subject)

"This is a known issue for a handful of orders, it is being worked out".

• Informative
Reactions: Tony_YYZ
What proof is there that this wasn't an innocent mistake, either on Tony's part or on Tesla's? I do recall being asked to specify the postal code of my requested delivery location during the initial configuration process - perhaps there was an error at that time (not blaming anyone)? Having said that, I do agree that Tony's DS (and others in similar situations) should get this changed/corrected like yesterday.

I can definitively say that I read over every single field 3 times before submitting my order to ensure there were no clerical errors. I also remember being asked for a postal code for my delivery area, I did put mine in and no results came up. It just said a delivery area would be assigned at delivery if I recall correctly. This is probably what caused it to default to AB? @Muskol do you recall anything like this?

Received a note from a DA (not assigned to me, but whom I've been 'harassing' on the subject)

"This is a known issue for a handful of orders, it is being worked out".

Interesting. Can you push for a timeline and exactly how they are planning on resolving it?

@Tony_YYZ Just checked my personal contact on the site. It was not filled and defaulted to Alberta. Changed it immediately. The account was created on 31/03/2016 when I was in a hurry to reserve and never checked it. Was that your issue too?
My personal contact details as well as the Registration details both show Ontario.

Same. My Personal Contact details, Registration details and my Order Agreement all show Ontario and always have.

I also remember being asked for a postal code for my delivery area, I did put mine in and no results came up. It just said a delivery area would be assigned at delivery if I recall correctly. This is probably what caused it to default to AB? @Muskol do you recall anything like this?

Interesting, I don't recall sorry. I vaguely remember maybe selecting Lawrence location at one point, but not confident in my recollection.

Same. My Personal Contact details, Registration details and my Order Agreement all show Ontario and always have.

Interesting, I don't recall sorry. I vaguely remember maybe selecting Lawrence location at one point, but not confident in my recollection.
Yeah my memory is playing tricks on me right now for that. I'm vaguely recalling it came up empty or it was Lawrence. Definitely didn't provide Oakville as an option as I would have picked that.

Yeah my memory is playing tricks on me right now for that. I'm vaguely recalling it came up empty or it was Lawrence. Definitely didn't provide Oakville as an option as I would have picked that.

I had a strange problem too during my 'configuration' for some reason I swear I entered in my birthday 'date' correctly, but it was one day off. Since i'm co-signing with my wife, on her birthday her 'date' was one day off as well. Same with the driver's license bit, both our birthdays were one day off. I feel that there was something off with the drop down menus..but maybe it honestly was a mistake?

Reactions: Tony_YYZ

To lighten the mood, maybe you should change your screen name to Tony_YYC?

In the same spirit,I'm going to the Stampede this year, so worst case I can just pick it up there in July right?!