Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So some tidbits from my calls to the 1-888 and call from DS (probably some info repeated out there fwiw):
- 1-888 folks can only see if your car has left the factory, real-time location is only accessible by DS.
- 1-888 also says you should be getting a call about 7 days after receiving a VIN (which obviously varies in the GTA’s case).
- If you don’t have a DS assigned yet, there is a placeholder of a supervisor on their system for your order.
- If you don’t get a call from a DS around 7 days after you got a VIN, call the 1-888 folks and they’ll post a note to your DS in an effort to push them.
- DSs only contact you when they see that the car is very close to arriving or has arrived past the border.
- Every call (that goes through) to any staff is logged into their system so they know what you’ve been calling about.

Also unrelated, a buddy in the office got his call and has delivery set up for next Tuesday. Not an original pre-reveal reservation, non-owner, configured two weeks after me (I did on Apr 13), Blue, aero, no AP.

As to how he got delivery so early versus me is completely random to me (pre-reveal in line at store, non-owner, MSM, aero, AP) so the batching theory may hold some truth to it.

So some tidbits from my calls to the 1-888 and call from DS (probably some info repeated out there fwiw):
- 1-888 folks can only see if your car has left the factory, real-time location is only accessible by DS.
- 1-888 also says you should be getting a call about 7 days after receiving a VIN (which obviously varies in the GTA’s case).
- If you don’t have a DS assigned yet, there is a placeholder of a supervisor on their system for your order.
- If you don’t get a call from a DS around 7 days after you got a VIN, call the 1-888 folks and they’ll post a note to your DS in an effort to push them.
- DSs only contact you when they see that the car is very close to arriving or has arrived past the border.
- Every call (that goes through) to any staff is logged into their system so they know what you’ve been calling about.

Also unrelated, a buddy in the office got his call and has delivery set up for next Tuesday. Not an original pre-reveal reservation, non-owner, configured two weeks after me (I did on Apr 13), Blue, aero, no AP.

As to how he got delivery so early versus me is completely random to me (pre-reveal in line at store, non-owner, MSM, aero, AP) so the batching theory may hold some truth to it.
Good info. How soon after the call could he schedule delivery?

Interesting that they told you DS has real time location, mine just keeps telling me its in transit and could come anytime between 10 and 30 days. Not very real time if you ask me.

Well I called 1-888 and talked to inside sales.

The guy was patient with me but really couldn’t offer any info other than that they have no insight into production and when Or how VINs are assigned. He couldn’t explain why some that reserved and configured after me with the same car I the same geographic region would get cars before me. Mentioned something about batching but that doesn’t really make sense when someone with the same colour and options and region jumps someone in line. My guess is that it’s somewhat random or perhaps they want to spread the cars out somewhat to get better exposure???

Closing in on 4 weeks without a VIN...I know some of you have it worse. But man is this frustrating.

Time to go refresh my account page 20 times.

Good info. THanks.

Configured March 27th still no VIN. I called them today and they said I must be one of the only ones left without a VIN that configured on that date. MSM/Aero. They said it should be any time now, same thing they said last week.

Myself and @Tony_YYZ are 3/27 Aero orders in Toronto without VINs. Through multiple calls we’ve uncovered that our delivery center was erroneously set to Calgary in their system.

You are likely an honorary Calgarian like ourselves - the Toronto team advised it’s a known issue with a handful of orders, and the system will be fixed shortly for those affected.

Configured March 27th still no VIN. I called them today and they said I must be one of the only ones left without a VIN that configured on that date. MSM/Aero. They said it should be any time now, same thing they said last week.
Naw there's a whole bunch of us from March 27th without VINs . Hopefully early next week

Just an fyi, I got a call from my DS on Monday. I don't even have a VIN though. So there doesn't seem to be any specific routine for them.

4FF753EF-1B2C-4F87-BA96-004E1C3BB055.jpeg
There were 3 Model 3 deliveries at Lawrence which started today. I was #3. That’s it in the picture. A blue one seems to be queued up.

It was a very nice experience. It was the first M3 delivery for my DS but he knew his stuff based on the S and X.

They even hid a few Easter eggs for these first deliveries which my kids enjoyed.

Good luck everyone!

Just got an email from my DS asking me to confirm my account details and to let me know that my car is on it's way to Toronto.

I never spoke to my DS on the phone but I was able to get her email. I emailed her last week and followed up this afternoon and she responded right now. (been exactly 7 days).

Similar to what everyone else is saying, delivery is expected to be early June.

View attachment 300553 There were 3 Model 3 deliveries at Lawrence which started today. I was #3. That’s it in the picture. A blue one seems to be queued up.

It was a very nice experience. It was the first M3 delivery for my DS but he knew his stuff based on the S and X.

They even hid a few Easter eggs for these first deliveries which my kids enjoyed.

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations!!! Your new baby is beautiful! :)

• Funny
Reactions: MarcoRP