Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 300553 There were 3 Model 3 deliveries at Lawrence which started today. I was #3. That’s it in the picture. A blue one seems to be queued up.

It was a very nice experience. It was the first M3 delivery for my DS but he knew his stuff based on the S and X.

They even hid a few Easter eggs for these first deliveries which my kids enjoyed.

Good luck everyone!
Awesome! Congratulations!

Did you guys get the scale version of the model 3 like they have been in the US?

View attachment 300553 There were 3 Model 3 deliveries at Lawrence which started today. I was #3. That’s it in the picture. A blue one seems to be queued up.

It was a very nice experience. It was the first M3 delivery for my DS but he knew his stuff based on the S and X.

They even hid a few Easter eggs for these first deliveries which my kids enjoyed.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations

IMG_4018.PNG

Can’t wait. VIN assigned May 05th, haven’t gotten a call or email yet. It’s around that 7 day mark so getting kind of restless.

I know I’m being impatient, but I can’t help it.

I am really impatient, try many different way to contact my DS, but ended up with a canned email response.

Young Jedi Master,
I have good news!

Master Aaron of Planet Hawthorne has replied to my inquiry.
It is the ultimate goal of Tesla to deliver most if not all Model 3's
by the first week of June.

Checked with Aaron, my DS - got the same response. They are hoping to complete deliveries by first week of June.
FYI, my DS never called after VIN was assigned so I called them and asked for my DS, got them to open up the finance application.

MSM, Aero; Mar 31, 2016 in-store, non-owner
Config: Apr 4, 2018; VIN: May 4, 2018. Completed loan app last week. Just waiting for delivery!

Just got an email from my DS asking me to confirm my account details and to let me know that my car is on it's way to Toronto.

I never spoke to my DS on the phone but I was able to get her email. I emailed her last week and followed up this afternoon and she responded right now. (been exactly 7 days).

Similar to what everyone else is saying, delivery is expected to be early June.
If it's on it's way already why would it take 3 weeks for delivery? I imagine it would be here in a week.

For anyone like me who's way outside a Tesla store (1000km for me), I had my VIN last Tuesday 8th and just got an email from Montreal to say to expect several emails from them in the next few days to sort out financing, trade-in etc.

I'd not gotten a call from anyone yet so this came out of the blue.

If it's on it's way already why would it take 3 weeks for delivery? I imagine it would be here in a week.

The SC is the last bottleneck. How much time are you expecting to spend while examining your car, signing papers, etc? Say, 30 min to an hour. Let's say there are 5 delivery guys working 8 hours a day. So the SC may be able to release 40 to 80 cars per day (personally i think way less). There are thousands of cars. Here's why.

Reactions: akidesir
The SC is the last bottleneck. How much time are you expecting to spend while examining your car, signing papers, etc? Say, 30 min to an hour. Let's say there are 5 delivery guys working 8 hours a day. So the SC may be able to release 40 to 80 cars per day (personally i think way less). There are thousands of cars. Here's why.

By 1st week of June, Tesla will open the International center delivery, things could speed up by then. But the hiring says a month temp needed, so it could really take the whole June to finish.

Myself and @Tony_YYZ are 3/27 Aero orders in Toronto without VINs. Through multiple calls we’ve uncovered that our delivery center was erroneously set to Calgary in their system.

You are likely an honorary Calgarian like ourselves - the Toronto team advised it’s a known issue with a handful of orders, and the system will be fixed shortly for those affected.
The simplest explanation is that the universe is telling you to move out West, you know, where it's better. :D

• Funny
Reactions: pmich80
I had my VIN and my DS (Aaron) called me last week to let me know my car was going to be by the end of the week or early next week. The car is not here and my VIN disappeared last night (now it shows registration number). I emailed my DS and this is what I got back.

"I believe there was a technical error that was incorrectly attributing some Toronto deliveries to other cities. They may just be in the process of fixing that.

Let’s check back in early next week and see if it’s reappeared. "

Really hoping my pickup date isn't delayed.

• Informative
Reactions: akidesir