Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN this morning!!! Blue/aero

Reserved 3/31/16 online GTA
Configured 4/4/18
VIN 29xxx

Got a call from my DS just moments ago and they let me know the car is still in transit but set a “tentative” delivery date of 5/31. When the car crosses the border, I will get an update delivery date (hopefully better one). Confirmed that delivery will be at Lawrence location.

• Informative
Reactions: akidesir
Any progress? I reached out to my DS again today and he said he's going to speak with management today about the issue. The VIN hasn't reappeared for me and I'm getting anxious.

No progress so far. I call, and they say I'm still within 4-8 week timeframe and to keep waiting. I never found out who my DS was, so I can't even ask anyone except for the general Tesla number. I wish putting the 4k+ down would at least mean something.

Got a call from my DS just moments ago and they let me know the car is still in transit but set a “tentative” delivery date of 5/31. When the car crosses the border, I will get an update delivery date (hopefully better one). Confirmed that delivery will be at Lawrence location.

I too got a call today from "No Caller ID" (literally what it said on the caller ID) after I last posted. Similar messaging. Looking likely end of May delivery at Lawrence. I'm thinking the reason why they don't have much info until they cross the border is because it's a bottleneck. Customs may take a while. Once it crosses it's x days until it is prepped and ready to deliver. But I was just told to expect it last week of May.

No progress so far. I call, and they say I'm still within 4-8 week timeframe and to keep waiting. I never found out who my DS was, so I can't even ask anyone except for the general Tesla number. I wish putting the 4k+ down would at least mean something.
I share your frustrations. Am I the only one who is concerned that the the disorganized delivery roll out and lack of information is an indication of the Tesla experience going forward? I worry how things will work if and when I ever need service on my Model 3?
How can a company with such technical expertise, not know how to handle simple logiacits, delivery, customer service and communication?

With you. It's been 4 days since my VIN number disappeared from my account. My DA who called me last Monday to say my car was likely coming last week doesn't have any updates for me regarding both the car and VIN. Very disappointed.

I too got a call today from "No Caller ID" (literally what it said on the caller ID) after I last posted. Similar messaging. Looking likely end of May delivery at Lawrence. I'm thinking the reason why they don't have much info until they cross the border is because it's a bottleneck. Customs may take a while. Once it crosses it's x days until it is prepped and ready to deliver. But I was just told to expect it last week of May.

Just curious - did your DS apply a tentative delivery date in your My Tesla account? After I spoke with my DS, May 31, 2018 appeared.

Today marks 7 weeks since Configuration without a VIN. Clearly they're gonna miss the 8 week window and most likely it'll be 10 weeks before I even see this car. I ended up emailing my DA today to get any update on 19 inch wheels. He's been SUPER good so hopefully he can contact someone at Tesla to get some concrete details.

Just curious - did your DS apply a tentative delivery date in your My Tesla account? After I spoke with my DS, May 31, 2018 appeared.

Looks like it, I just got one set for May 28. But we didn't discuss my availability in detail, only that it is likely to be last week of May. Is it only a tentative date? I thought maybe the car had crossed the border so they set me a date.

Today marks 7 weeks since Configuration without a VIN. Clearly they're gonna miss the 8 week window and most likely it'll be 10 weeks before I even see this car. I ended up emailing my DA today to get any update on 19 inch wheels. He's been SUPER good so hopefully he can contact someone at Tesla to get some concrete details.
How did you get a DA without a VIN? I'm in the same boat 7 weeks no VIN 19"