Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I followed up. I have a delivery date of June 6th at the International Center. Although I highly expect that date is subject to change if necessary.

I'm trying to firm up my trade-in details with them and then adjusting my financing since that's dependent on the trade-in completing.
I have an estimated date of June 5th now, but also expect that may change, but good enough to get insurance certificate.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Unfortunately that theory does not apply. My specific config is one that many others who ordered after me received a VIN for before me. Not just myself either. Remember, it was only paint options at that time. Aero wheel orders were being processed only up until yesterday.

The previous owner advantage applied to both ordering/build/delivery in the USA. Did not seem to apply in the slightest in Canada.

Hope you're enjoying your inventory car!
Ok, theory quashed. And yes, 103,000km and 4 years later, still enjoy the car far more than any other, even though it's old, slow, blind, and one-legged(motored).

Reactions: Tony_YYZ and Canuck
Huh, I just got an email from someone at Fremont saying he will be scheduling my delivery at the International Centre. He asked me to confirm and finalize some things around financing and trade in. He wanted insurance info as well which I told him I can't firm up until I have a delivery date.

Waiting for his reply now.

I also got the email from a guy in Fremont (Adam Sanchez) asking for that the insurance information. I also can't upload the Model 3 insurance until I know the delivery date (also CAA doesn't have the car in the system yet - weird), but he also seemed to want me to upload my CURRENT insurance.

Are we suppose to upload current insurance?

• Informative
Reactions: karpetkutter
I also got the email from a guy in Fremont (Adam Sanchez) asking for that the insurance information. I also can't upload the Model 3 insurance until I know the delivery date (also CAA doesn't have the car in the system yet - weird), but he also seemed to want me to upload my CURRENT insurance.

I have called CAA twice and had to provide the VIN and they will call me back wth price. Any luck getting M3 Insurance with CAA?

Same for me. I did just mark email as my preferred communication method on my Tesla Account a 4-5 days ago too.

Actually I take this back. I’m an idiot and noticed a bit later that I actually received and missed a call and vm from my ISA too. Apparently I was actually concentrating on work at that point.:confused:

Thought it was an electrician calling back re: my pending 14-50 install. Oops!

Yes, I uploaded my current policy a few weeks ago. My Advisor hasn't asked anything since initial contact. I am assuming he will just ask me to email the new slip a few days before so they can complete registration.

I configured March 27 and had VIN assigned May 4th (msm,aero,eap). I followed up with my DA by email asking about delivery location and to see if she knew where my car is - here is her response:
——-
1. As of right now, your delivery location will be Oakville. If your vehicle comes later than May 30th, the location will switch to International Centre in Mississauga.

2. Your vehicle is currently in Kansas. It will stop at our holding facility in Chicago. From there, it will be designated onto a truck or rail to Toronto

——-

Some interesting info there.

After several emails today my delivery advisor from Fremont called me. Apparently their trade in stuff isn’t working so i have to email all the info and pictures so she can manually upload them to my account.

She says my delivery looks like May 30th to June 1st depending on when I get the trade-in decision made.

She was super nice on the phone. Feeling much better about the experience over the past 24 hours.

Reactions: McCaesar
Read this if you are asking for truck delivery
"If, on your behalf, we are coordinating the shipping of the Vehicle to you via a third-party common carrier. You agree that delivery of the Vehicle, including the transfer of title and risk of loss to you, will occur at the time your Vehicle is loaded onto the common carrier’s transport (i.e., FOB shipping point). The carrier will insure your Vehicle while in transit and you will be the beneficiary of any claims for damage to the Vehicle or losses occurring while the Vehicle is in the possession of a common carrier."

• Informative
Reactions: asad04