Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had a 40 amp line put in for a 32 amp charger and I only have 100 amp service. Only had it a couple weeks now so have to see if a/c and dryer and over trip the house breaker but so far so good charging Pacifica. Get my 3 on Saturday so not optimal charging speed but good enough.

Did ESI inspection pass?. I know for my house I never use full 100 amps, because I have all gas appliances except central AC and dryer. But it seems my electrician is worried that ESI inspection will not go though

Reactions: 03DSG
My setup is the same and the ESA inspector went very much by the book and did not pass me even though it should've been okay in a practical sense.

These freakin' guys have way too much authority. This is why it was suggested we get access to a peak usage chart from our provider.

and it is also why people eventually just do it on their own and more fires occur because of it.

so myopic.

These freakin' guys have way too much authority. This is why it was suggested we get access to a peak usage chart from our provider.

and it is also why people eventually just do it on their own and more fires occur because of it.

so myopic.

I don't get the reason for that attitude. There is a code book with rules in it. The ESA inspector's job is to ensure those rules are met.

A system where an inspector just arbitrarily decides not to enforce the rules isn't a good one.

If you have a problem with the rules, then that needs to be taken up with the enginners that write the rules for the Canadian Electrical Code. The ESA has a whole has limited influence, but the inspector definitely does not.

Furthermore, the rules are generally there for good reasons (although there are certainly improvements available in this area). For instance, AFCIs are required in living space now, which makes new electrical work in homes very expensive. I for one was saved from the sloppy job of a professional electrician by an AFCI. So my house didn't burn down as a result. Good outcome in my opinion.

Each to their own, but I suggest focusing the critisism where it can have the right effect.

OMG... you guys are all going to LOVE this car!

Autopilot is great.. it's suuuuuper quick, seats are great! (I got both front and rear Gen 2 seats on my 217XX), Its quiet.. just... OMG

My delivery guy said there are currently no more than at most 40 Model 3's on the road in Canada.. and mine is one of them!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I used the delivery checklist to make sure everything was good.Tesla Model 3 Delivery Inspection Checklist

Autopilot is great.. it's suuuuuper quick, seats are great! (I got both front and rear Gen 2 seats on my 217XX), Its quiet.. just... OMG

My delivery guy said there are currently no more than at moost 40 Model 3's on the road in Canada.. and mine is one of them!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I used the delivery checklist to make sure everything was good.Tesla Model 3 Delivery Inspection Checklist
Congratulations dude! Happy for you!

• Love
Reactions: McFlurri

My delivery guy said there are currently no more than at most 40 Model 3's on the road in Canada.. and mine is one of them!!! :D:D:D:D:D

I was the 25th when I got mine 2 days ago :) I agree it's super amazing!!

Congrats!! 12 more days until I can pick my car up!

Wow.. I didn't know there were that few. And two of us are in KW. We should caravan around town. :)