Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the Die Cast model car with Delivery at IC on Friday. Not a Day-One reservation holder.

Also noticed right stalk separation. Might bring it up if I'm ever near by the Tesla Store.

Mentioned charge port cover not sitting flush during delivery. They said they adjusted it but it still protrudes quite noticeably. Doesn't bother me atm, but worried that it might get worse or lead to wear (?).

Still feels like a dream, blown away by the car!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Has anyone else have steering wheel mis allignment? If I put my steering wheel straight it goes a bit to the left. To go straight the steering wheel has to be a bit to the right. It feels so weird.

I also never got a call back about the paint chip I got noted when I took delivery which was 2 weeks ago.

I wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but I figured something out in the car that I think is pretty cool. I am sure that many of you already know this, but in case you don't.....

If you are stopped at a red light or drive thru and you pump the brakes once, you will see the speedometer change to "hold". You can then take your foot off the brake and won't go anywhere. Once you hit the accelerator again you start to go. Kind of convenient.

The only thing that I am not sure about, is if you were rear ended, would the car keep the brakes on to hopefully avoid you rear ending the car in front of you?

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
Has anyone else have steering wheel mis allignment? If I put my steering wheel straight it goes a bit to the left. To go straight the steering wheel has to be a bit to the right. It feels so weird.

I also never got a call back about the paint chip I got noted when I took delivery which was 2 weeks ago.

@YusufT : Yes, I have a steering wheel misaligned as well. Opposite direction to yours... steering wheel straight = car goes to a bit to the right.

If you are stopped at a red light or drive thru and you pump the brakes once, you will see the speedometer change to "hold". You can then take your foot off the brake and won't go anywhere. Once you hit the accelerator again you start to go. Kind of convenient.

@ksumnole : I ended up relying on this when going to a touchless car wash (drive car in, stop, wash rotates around you...) If I put the car in park, the force of the water jet opens the charge port. This way, the charge port doesn't open.

• Informative
Reactions: oakvillemike
I wasn't sure what thread to put this in, but I figured something out in the car that I think is pretty cool. I am sure that many of you already know this, but in case you don't.....

The only thing that I am not sure about, is if you were rear ended, would the car keep the brakes on to hopefully avoid you rear ending the car in front of you?
you don't need to pump the brakes twice. Simply pressing down firmly will trigger the (H) hill hold.
The brakes will remain on if you are rear-ended, as far as I am aware.

• Informative
Reactions: McCaesar
Have you called them? I think you've prob fallen through the cracks.
I've called several times since early June and have also sent some emails and texts. They say they don't know much more until a VIN is assigned which would be "ready soon". They assure me I haven't fallen through the cracks. I'm guessing part of the reason is I ordered white which I haven't seen as much of as other colours.

This is how the Model S works as well (and probably the Model X).