Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
New to this forum. Been a Tesla fan for sometime. I rented a Tesla Model S in 2015 for a weekend and enjoyed it. First day reservation holder (actually reserved 2 in case another family member might have wanted one). Have been waiting for the AWD. When I got the e-mail last week that I could order AWD, I placed my order. Delivery is indicated Sep-Nov 2018.

I ordered June 19 and was given 4-8 weeks delivery estimate. When I login now, there’s no mention of a delivery window at all. Tesla told me that unless I receive an updated window, the original estimate should still hold. I’m hoping that’s still the case. Are you a Day 1 reservation holder? How did they inform you of the change in delivery window?
They did not contact me and tell me that it's 3 to 5 months. When I click on "edit design", it shows 3 to 5 months (I believe before it would be showing 4 to 8 weeks). I am realizing now that they must mean that if I actually edit the design, the new estimate is 3 to 5 months.

That's great to hear that they will be going by the original estimated date range.

Last edited:
Order agreement June 26, 2018
Expected Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot
Now I just need this trim to be added to the EVIP eligible list :)

Order agreement June 26, 2018
Expected Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18
  • Model 3 Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Premium Interior
  • Premium Black
  • Enhanced Autopilot
Now I just need this trim to be added to the EVIP eligible list :)
Unfortunately i have a strong feeling that there will be no more models from any manufacturer added to the list of approved EVIP vehicles.

You effectively just paid $20,000 for another electric motor.

Reactions: 03DSG
Unfortunately i have a strong feeling that there will be no more models from any manufacturer added to the list of approved EVIP vehicles.

You effectively just paid $20,000 for another electric motor.
Presently that is a valid statement :(
I still have the option to change back to RWD (for a potential $fee).
There is also a possibility of a Federal initiative.
I am just going to wait a bit for final confirmation and then decide.

You just have to be careful about configuration changes and impact to the order date, especially if EHVIP gets canceled with a specific cutoff date. I don't think the feds will move quickly enough to be a factor in this purchase, but perhaps next year.

Yes true, but if AWD is not eligible then the impact to my order date is irrelevant.

Yes but you mentioned changing your order from AWD to RWD, I'm assuming for the purpose of getting the rebate. I'm just cautioning that if your order date changes and EHVIP cancellation has some cutoff date, you might miss the rebate for RWD. Unless you mentioned the possibility of changing to RWD to save the cost of the $5300 option?

Yes but you mentioned changing your order from AWD to RWD, I'm assuming for the purpose of getting the rebate. I'm just cautioning that if your order date changes and EHVIP cancellation has some cutoff date, you might miss the rebate for RWD. Unless you mentioned the possibility of changing to RWD to save the cost of the $5300 option?
Yes I appreciate the heads up since it is distinctly possible that changing the order now (past June 29th) may result in missing out. I knew going in that placing an AWD order rather than RWD on June 27 may put me in this predicament. I was willing to roll the dice and I am actually fine with the result however it plays out. I will just cut down on Champagne and lobster for a year :D

Yes I appreciate the heads up since it is distinctly possible that changing the order now (past June 29th) may result in missing out. I knew going in that placing an AWD order rather than RWD on June 27 may put me in this predicament. I was willing to roll the dice and I am actually fine with the result however it plays out. I will just cut down on Champagne and lobster for a year :D
How much Crystal are you drinking or bathing in?

Reactions: PAWilson
When I called in to change my order from Aero to Sport wheels, the guy mentioned the fee which I completely forgot about so I was hesitant. He said brb and he came back and said they will waive the fee one time. I also remember hearing that the fee was waived a while ago maybe i’m wrong but doesn’t hurt to call.

Do you not even have a VIN when dummy-ordering a HPWC? You should have gotten your car by early June, judging from everyone else's experiences.
Never had a VIN when trying to order the HPWC. I read a post on the Tesla forum that the Pearl White paint was re-formulated but there was no mentio of when that was done. I haven't seen many Pearl Whites on the road or delivered recently, so maybe that affected things? I've also noticed there haven't been much Canadian deliveries being posted here since mid-June.

Reserved on: July 2, 2018
Ordered on: July 6, 2018
Delivery Date: October to December 2018

My order was every option that was included. Black, aero wheels, premium interior - opted out of EAP and FSD.

I’m from Toronto, Ontario - not sure if that may make a difference.

Now the wait begins.