Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Configured on May 24. Delivery said 4-8 weeks, making latest delivery now (mid July). Then 2 weeks ago delivery estimate magically changed to Sept-Nov and my price changed (went up, of course). Called Tesla customer service & it took 3 calls to get the price increase reversed. Delivery estimate changed to Aug-Oct. With that delivery delay, it is very likely the BC incentives program will run out of $$ and so the car will effectively cost me $5K more. Not a happy camper.

Configured on May 24. Delivery said 4-8 weeks, making latest delivery now (mid July). Then 2 weeks ago delivery estimate magically changed to Sept-Nov and my price changed (went up, of course). Called Tesla customer service & it took 3 calls to get the price increase reversed. Delivery estimate changed to Aug-Oct. With that delivery delay, it is very likely the BC incentives program will run out of $$ and so the car will effectively cost me $5K more. Not a happy camper.
not sure if you've been tracking the CEV for BC website but since Tesla stopped delivering Model 3's in BC it has been going away at a trickle. When the next wave of them show up in the lower mainland, hopefully we are both on it and can take advantage of the discount. I believe that after the next big delivery it will be gone though.

So I was talking to Calgary service assistant and he said if I were to change/edit my design that the premium connectivity lifetime would be lost. Is he correct in this? I was thinking of dropping EAP (since it snows so much here in Alberta anyways) and make the jump to performance.

I learn a long time ago that you cannot spend all your energy to force something to happen. If things are not going my way, I just stop and take a look around. Buying a EV is very nice and a good choice no matter how you look at it. Now the rebate is gone, it is a good time to step back and look at what I should do.

My ICE is perfectly fine, and since SO wants a AWD, I will just wait until next year to see what is available with Tesla. In the mean time, my $75K is still working hard for me; let alone the interest rate hike.

I learn a long time ago that you cannot spend all your energy to force something to happen. If things are not going my way, I just stop and take a look around. Buying a EV is very nice and a good choice no matter how you look at it. Now the rebate is gone, it is a good time to step back and look at what I should do.

My ICE is perfectly fine, and since SO wants a AWD, I will just wait until next year to see what is available with Tesla. In the mean time, my $75K is still working hard for me; let alone the interest rate hike.
I've been thinking the same way as well. I was always planning on getting the SR (possibly with AWD) but had jumped on it now because of the rebate. Now that it's gone, I'm able to step back and examine whether to spend that much now with no rebate. For me, one argument was if I'm going to spend ~$75k on a vehicle, I might as well get a used S that still has free supercharging. My current vehicle still runs ok, *knock on wood. Sometimes things happen for a reason, just have to take the punches and keep rolling. :)

Reactions: akidesir
So I was talking to Calgary service assistant and he said if I were to change/edit my design that the premium connectivity lifetime would be lost. Is he correct in this? I was thinking of dropping EAP (since it snows so much here in Alberta anyways) and make the jump to performance.
I spoke directly to Tesla (a week ago) and they stated as long as my original order date was before July 1, I would still have it even if I changed it now. Don't do the change online - call them and do it over the phone to ensure it remains.

Congrats. Welcome to the waiting periods. What time frame did they give you? What province are you in?

Ordered at 12am or so last night and they said expect it to be 1-3 months of waiting. Already spent 2 years waiting but I think this'll seem the longest to me. I'm in Ontario! In a small town called Sault Ste. Marie, 7 hours north of Toronto where my delivery will be.

Reactions: T3l5aFan