Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had ordered before July 11 but cancelled the reservation as EV incentives were cancelled by ON govt, but subsequently renewed the reservation (but with a new reservation No. ) after July 11. So, I have to explain that the reason I cancelled was due to them not being clear and my financials at that time.
So the battle with Govt will begin from next week, at least let me enjoy the vehicle in the meantime with peace of mind (LOL)

@venki

I took delivery in June, and my MVPA (PURCHASE Agreement) did not have the order date on it, just the agreement date from one day before delivery.

If I were you, I would put in your original order date on the rebate form, and submit the completed MVPA as per the Ministry's instructions, and also include a copy of the ORDER agreement Tesla emailed you after your original order that is dated pre Jul-11. Put the onus on them to determine you did not order before July 11.

Reactions: PAWilson
Hey Guys & Gals - I have delivery at Lawrence on Friday. I originally didn't get EAP but I would like to add it now to take advantage of the discount.. The DA said it would delay my delivery which I am not willing to move. Also worried about the addition changing my order date for the rebate. Anyone else had this issue? Could they not just add it later and invoice me at the dealership? Thoughts?

I was told the DA would be able to add it before delivery, but I expect in this situation they are so slammed with paperwork that they wont have time to do it. In the thread for BC Vins someone commented a few days ago that they are getting EAP added before delivery...I'll try and find that post.

But I agree that you probably shouldn't touch it. EAP is now $700 cheaper if added after delivery ($7200 instead of $7900) up until Sept 24th, so its only a $600 premium if you add it after delivery. I'd gladly pay the extra 600 if I were you and not jeopardize taking delivery on friday :)

Edit:

Here is the thread post I referenced above:

Vancouver BC VIN .

Just received an email from my delivery advisor saying the following

These are the details from your file. Please confirm:
Your Tesla will arrive in in the next couple weeks. I will have a more accurate estimate for you once it crosses the Canadian border.

Very exciting, looks like I will be receiving my new Tesla 3 around Sept 19-26.
No vin or any other info. Just confirm that all other details on the reservation are correct.
There must be a very large shipment on the way, as all deliveries will be at the International Centre.

Just received an email from my delivery advisor saying the following

These are the details from your file. Please confirm:
Your Tesla will arrive in in the next couple weeks. I will have a more accurate estimate for you once it crosses the Canadian border.

Very exciting, looks like I will be receiving my new Tesla 3 around Sept 19-26.
No vin or any other info. Just confirm that all other details on the reservation are correct.
There must be a very large shipment on the way, as all deliveries will be at the International Centre.
Where did you take Sept 19-26? I have got the same exact email from them on August 23rd but nothing since then )-:

Where did you take Sept 19-26? I have got the same exact email from them on August 23rd but nothing since then )-:

I am assuming a couple of weeks is 14 to 21 days that makes it Sept 19-Sept 26th approx.
Your couple of weeks should be From Sept 6th to Sept 13th

I think you can count on delivery by the end of September. That is their Quarterly end and they will want
as many deliveries as possible by then.

Oh, that's a bit of a sticky situation. Maybe someone from Tesla can just input the order date on your new reservation as the old date to help you out....that's a bit of a moral grey area I guess, but in that situation I would hope that there is a way to help you out on this issue.

Failing that, there is always photoshop you can use to edit the order agreement text before you send it :)
Checked and Tesla can't make any changes to the documentation as it becomes document manipulation, so they won't do it at any cost.

I hope you are joking about photoshop as any document manipulation is a serious crime as far as am aware

Best of luck on this battle. The current wording of the rebate is pretty cut and dry - Orders before July 11, plated and delivered Sept 10th. I hope you're ready to fight like KEvans did the entire summer for fair treatment by the PCON's unfair announcement with the wind down and how it affected your consumer decision.
I plan to fight till the last tooth, so let us see how it goes by

Checked and Tesla can't make any changes to the documentation as it becomes document manipulation, so they won't do it at any cost.

I hope you are joking about photoshop as any document manipulation is a serious crime as far as am aware

Smiley face = joking

Maybe I should have used this one o_O

Hope it works out for you. Spirit of the law vs letter of the law...the never ending battle.

@venki

I took delivery in June, and my MVPA (PURCHASE Agreement) did not have the order date on it, just the agreement date from one day before delivery.

If I were you, I would put in your original order date on the rebate form, and submit the completed MVPA as per the Ministry's instructions, and also include a copy of the ORDER agreement Tesla emailed you after your original order that is dated pre Jul-11. Put the onus on them to determine you did not order before July 11.
That is an excellent idea, thx for the suggestion

Reactions: Muskol
o_OReceived the delivery schedule email today. A little back story, canceled my reservation at the end of July. Rethought my options and decided to order on Sept 4, and received delivery confirmation today. Still in shock.
Received a window from Sept 26 - Oct 3 in Oakville.

Ordered Solid Blk
LR AWD
PUP
EAP
18 Aero

Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
o_OReceived the delivery schedule email today. A little back story, canceled my reservation at the end of July. Rethought my options and decided to order on Sept 4, and received delivery confirmation today. Still in shock.
Received a window from Sept 26 - Oct 3 in Oakville.

Ordered Solid Blk
LR AWD
PUP
EAP
18 Aero
Well worth the car, you are absolutely going to love your decision

Reactions: Techniques