Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my car today! Here is the outline of what went down.

I got to Tesla Lawrence about 20 minutes before my appointment and was asked to sit and wait as my paperwork was being printed. A guy came out and called me about 5 minutes prior to my appointment time and we started to review the paperwork, I noticed that they were charging me the full amount of licensing even though I was transferring plates so they needed to redo the paperwork. Well I don't know if its a blessing or a curse, but apparently the paperwork is all done in Fremont so it took the better part of almost 2 hours for the redo.

The reason I say blessing is because it let me take an extremely leisurely time looking over every inch of the car to find any issues plus spend time setting up every aspect of the car to my liking. Curse because I was stuck there two hours and had to move some plans around.

As for issues, I found 4 minor things:

- Gouge in the paint on the passenger side door sil, looks like someone dropped something on it
- Little bit of frayed fabric on the front speaker cover that runs along the windshield
- A little stain on the A-Pillar fabric
- Slight misalignment of the bumper to body panel gap by the headlight (apparently in-spec, but they still ofically documented it for me)

They took photos of all these things and recorded them without issue and said to book a service appointment at my leisure to get them corrected. Overall nothing to make me overly concerned.

Loving the car so far, its fantastic to drive and such an improvement over my Volt. Could not be happier.

Here are some photos of her (plus photos of the issues)

IMG_5562.JPG
IMG_5563.JPG
IMG_5558.JPGIMG_5554.JPGIMG_5557.JPGIMG_5553.JPG

Last edited:

I got to Tesla Lawrence about 20 minutes before my appointment and was asked to sit and wait as my paperwork was being printed. A guy came out and called me about 5 minutes prior to my appointment time and we started to review the paperwork, I noticed that they were charging me the full amount of licensing even though I was transferring plates so they needed to redo the paperwork. Well I don't know if its a blessing or a curse, but apparently the paperwork is all done in Fremont so it took the better part of almost 2 hours for the redo.

The reason I say blessing is because it let me take an extremely leisurely time looking over every inch of the car to find any issues plus spend time setting up every aspect of the car to my liking. Curse because I was stuck there two hours and had to move some plans around.

- Gouge in the paint on the passenger side door sil, looks like someone dropped something on it
- Little bit of frayed fabric on the front speaker cover that runs along the windshield
- A little stain the A-Pillar fabric
- Slight misalignment of the bumper to body panel gap by the headlight (apparently in-spec, but they still ofically documented it for me)

They took photos of all these things and recorded them without issue and said to book a service appointment at my leisure to get them corrected. Overall nothing to make me overly concerned.

Loving the car so far, its fantastic to drive and such an improvement over my Volt. Could not be happier.

View attachment 518586View attachment 518587 View attachment 518583View attachment 518584View attachment 518585View attachment 518588

Looks like a beaut, man. Congrats!

View attachment 518586View attachment 518587 View attachment 518583View attachment 518584View attachment 518585View attachment 518588
Traded in my 2017 Volt for my 2019 M3 SR+. Major Upgrade. AGREED! Congratz and Good Luck :)

In
PSA: if you have financing through Tesla then email: [email protected] with your reservation number and they will lower the interest rate to better match the lowered government rates, apparently you have to send an email for this change to happen, I received an answer within 10 minutes and the new lowered rate was updated on my account
Interesting, I emailed them on Wednesday and haven’t gotten a reply. I will have to try again. Usually the finance team is very responsive to emails.

PSA: if you have financing through Tesla then email: [email protected] with your reservation number and they will lower the interest rate to better match the lowered government rates, apparently you have to send an email for this change to happen, I received an answer within 10 minutes and the new lowered rate was updated on my account
. Nice, I pick up my car tomorrow and tried this last night. I was also given a lower rate!!

I noticed that they were charging me the full amount of licensing even though I was transferring plates so they needed to redo the paperwork.

Thanks for pointing this out.

I got a copy of my documents late last night for review and took some time to review them this morning. I'm seeing that I also have a full $200 charge for licensing even though I'm transferring my plates.

You may have saved me 2 hours later today when I pick up my vehicle!

Thanks for pointing this out.

I got a copy of my documents late last night for review and took some time to review them this morning. I'm seeing that I also have a full $200 charge for licensing even though I'm transferring my plates.

You may have saved me 2 hours later today when I pick up my vehicle!
How do you get a copy of your documents? Do they show up online before? I also already gave them custom plates so I assume the charge should be lowered.

Car looks amazing, just wanted to ask what the charge was after instead of the 200?

Hats off to you, good sir.
Sent a quick email to autofinance and sure enough, a half hour later, I have a new, lower rate. Much appreciated! I strongly recommend anyone financing through Tesla to do the same. You have nothing to lose here.

I did this as well and got an updated interest rate from 3.55% to 3.25% within two hours. My financing numbers are off now but, since its an open loan its a minor issue. Thanks for the advice!

Took delivery today! Ordered LR AWD white/white with 19" wheels on January 19th. Delivery to Halifax. Haven't noticed any glaring issues but will go over it more closely tomorrow before the "24 hours" is up. The steering wheel is maybe sliiiiiiightly to the left, but very minor if so, and I'm sure I would be told it's within tolerance. Unfortunately, it's supposed to snow here and be -5 tomorrow, so no joyriding on these summer tires... :-( I drove it for about 5km tonight in chill mode, and even that was pretty fast! Didn't have to use the brake once, so cool!

Reactions: Roald44