Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that ordered the M3 without the full self-driving function, I still don't fully understand what does the included Autopilot do. To my understanding, it accelerates, brakes and steers fully within it's lane, correct? Or is it simply a radar cruise control which accelerates, brakes and makes steer correction only when needed?

I'm debating to get the full self-driving or not. With that addition, I'd be paying luxury tax here in BC so it would cost more.

Kind of a weird experience for me so far...

Ordered a SR+ on July 15th. A day before I had actually received an email from an Advisor asking if I was interested in ordering, which I thought was odd, especially since they weren't located in the same province as me. Maybe because I had pre-ordered a Cybertruck or had previously requested a trade in quote? Regardless, this advisor emailed me again after ordering and asked me a bunch of questions (delivery location, registration, payment method) and I guess he had been manually entering information into my account for me.

Last communication from this person was on July 21st. Everything looks fine with my account (I think?) except my DL/registration info is set to the same province as the Advisor, instead of mine. Hopefully this can be corrected and someone from my actual delivery location will reach out soon. Other than that I guess I'm just waiting for and update on delivery timing now.

Last communication from this person was on July 21st. Everything looks fine with my account (I think?) except my DL/registration info is set to the same province as the Advisor, instead of mine. Hopefully this can be corrected and someone from my actual delivery location will reach out soon. Other than that I guess I'm just waiting for and update on delivery timing now.

I would suggest being proactive about it (I found that waiting for Tesla to contact me was an exercise in frustration). When I had a few issues with the information in my account, I just used the online Chat feature and was put in touch with someone within a minute or two. We were able to get most of the issues sorted out almost immediately. The other one (an issue that involved my financing) I had to email Tesla's finance department but they responded within an hour and had everything fixed up shortly thereafter.

The lesson I took away from that was to not bother trying to contact my SA but instead reach out to Tesla directly (via the online chat) if I wanted a quick response.

Congrats, BTW, on your Tesla order!

I would suggest being proactive about it (I found that waiting for Tesla to contact me was an exercise in frustration). When I had a few issues with the information in my account, I just used the online Chat feature and was put in touch with someone within a minute or two. We were able to get most of the issues sorted out almost immediately. The other one (an issue that involved my financing) I had to email Tesla's finance department but they responded within an hour and had everything fixed up shortly thereafter.

The lesson I took away from that was to not bother trying to contact my SA but instead reach out to Tesla directly (via the online chat) if I wanted a quick response.

Congrats, BTW, on your Tesla order!

Hey thanks! Chatted with them today and it sounds like everything is good to go, just waiting for my VIN and a delivery date.

Oh man! I feel for you guys. At first, I was a bit disappointed that I got matched to a March-built car and thus wasn't getting a vehicle with the June updates (USB C, wireless charger etc), but seeing you guys (who all ordered your cars at or around the same time I did) having to wait so much longer makes me thankful that I got the one I did. I didn't truly appreciate just how lucky I was.

Hang in there. If your experience is like mine, the wait will be worth it.

Oh man! I feel for you guys. At first, I was a bit disappointed that I got matched to a March-built car and thus wasn't getting a vehicle with the June updates (USB C, wireless charger etc), but seeing you guys (who all ordered your cars at or around the same time I did) having to wait so much longer makes me thankful that I got the one I did. I didn't truly appreciate just how lucky I was.

Hang in there. If your experience is like mine, the wait will be worth it.

What's the difference between March built and June built M3? I was originally planning to get my M3 in May/June but couldn't now waiting for the next batch coming soon. Didn't know there is a difference?

What's the difference between March built and June built M3? I was originally planning to get my M3 in May/June but couldn't now waiting for the next batch coming soon. Didn't know there is a difference?

Not really a tonne of differences. M3s built after 01 June have USB C ports instead of the original USB A ports and they include a wireless charging pad now. I believe that this was to make the Model 3 consistent with the Model Y.

There might be some other little differences but those are the two that I knew about.

Reactions: sokhangoo
Not really a tonne of differences. M3s built after 01 June have USB C ports instead of the original USB A ports and they include a wireless charging pad now. I believe that this was to make the Model 3 consistent with the Model Y.

There might be some other little differences but those are the two that I knew about.

Do they come with floor mats? How about mats for trunk and frunk?