Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada - Confirmed Orders Only thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need to voice my frustration although I mentioned it in the LR AWD waiting room already...

Got a text message to schedule delivery this morning, but it was in FRENCH. I was confused, clicked the link, and saw that it was scheduled to be delivered in Quebec. I live in Vancouver. Had to call the SC and ask what the hell is going on. They couldn't reroute that particular car to Vancouver because it was already half-way there, so now I have to wait again until another car becomes available.

What I find even more outrageous is that the SA texted me that there is one in stock but with 19" sports wheels and if I upgraded I could get it today. What an elaborate upselling strategy, I couldn't have thought of a better one myself! I told them to get me my car and not punish me for their mistake. I mean, couldn't they just change the wheels?

I don't know at what point between Fremont and BC cars get matched with clients but if the number and variety of cars are tightly matched with orders then I imagine this could now delay my delivery by a considerable amount of time.

I always tried to be apologetic for Tesla when I heard those stories but now I'm about to become "one of those delivery horror stories" myself... we will see.

Tesla Model 3 SR+ grey/black, aero wheels, no FSD.

Vancouver, BC (901 Great Northern Way location)

Ordered: Aug 22, 2020 (3-5 weeks)
Text: Aug 25, 2020 (2-4 weeks)

Will update as I go along.

Update: Delivery is scheduled for next week. That was just over two weeks!
VIN only showed up today on my order page.

Delivery went off without a hitch. There was a small nick on the paint and it was repaired on site while I waited for ICBC. Can't tell anything was there after. Car was detailed, super clean, and super shiny. It was no issue to use private insurance through Stratford Underwriting for my Tesla lease - saved $1500 over ICBC including replacement cost coverage!

Reactions: navguy12
Finally got the text.

Model 3 SR+
Ordered: late July
Delivery notification: Sept. 8
Picking up: Sept. 11

I haven't spoken to anyone yet actually. They just went ahead and scheduled a tentative pick up date for me.

I also ordered this at the same time as my brother in law and in person. He got a different colour. However, he didn't receive any pick up notification yet.

Reactions: navguy12
Need to voice my frustration although I mentioned it in the LR AWD waiting room already...

Got a text message to schedule delivery this morning, but it was in FRENCH. I was confused, clicked the link, and saw that it was scheduled to be delivered in Quebec. I live in Vancouver. Had to call the SC and ask what the hell is going on. They couldn't reroute that particular car to Vancouver because it was already half-way there, so now I have to wait again until another car becomes available.

What I find even more outrageous is that the SA texted me that there is one in stock but with 19" sports wheels and if I upgraded I could get it today. What an elaborate upselling strategy, I couldn't have thought of a better one myself! I told them to get me my car and not punish me for their mistake. I mean, couldn't they just change the wheels?

I don't know at what point between Fremont and BC cars get matched with clients but if the number and variety of cars are tightly matched with orders then I imagine this could now delay my delivery by a considerable amount of time.

I always tried to be apologetic for Tesla when I heard those stories but now I'm about to become "one of those delivery horror stories" myself... we will see.

Update: Got a text message with 1-2 weeks delivery notification. If that is true then I'll still be within the original time frame of 5-8 weeks.

Was expecting a 2-4 week wait, but ended up getting the car within a week :)

Ordered last Friday at Tesla West 4th in Vancouver, got a call on Sunday asking if I'd be interested in taking delivery Weds since someone cancelled their order. Said yes and just picked it up today!

Model 3 SR+
Ordered: Sept 4th
Picked Up: Sept 9th

Super happy with the car so far - some door misalignment and imperfections, but no big issues otherwise.

Reactions: ejohan

Update: Will pick my black/black LR/AWD up on Friday in Vancouver! :)