Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20180322-143410.jpg

Great news!

Seeing now that invitation are already been sent out, what do you guys think of RDW in our weather? I have friends with RWD ICE cars and they wish they could go back in time and warn themselves not to buy! Is AWD absolutely necessary if you have good winter tires?

Thinking of my options since the interest rate is quite high. Thanks for your input!

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Great news!

Seeing now that invitation are already been sent out, what do you guys think of RDW in our weather? I have friends with RWD ICE cars and they wish they could go back in time and warn themselves not to buy! Is AWD absolutely necessary if you have good winter tires?

Thinking of my options since the interest rate is quite high. Thanks for your input!
My rwd S is great in the winter, as long as you have snow tires. It's much better than my previous fwd car with all season tires.

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk
Great news!

I was dead set on getting AWD but hearing so many RWD with snow tires say they're fine, I've decided i'm going to skip AWD and get Auto Pilot instead. I live in Toronto and the snow has been non existent in Toronto for the past 3 years

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I was dead set on getting AWD but hearing so many RWD with snow tires say they're fine, I've decided i'm going to skip AWD and get Auto Pilot instead. I live in Toronto and the snow has been non existent in Toronto for the past 3 years
The traction control along with snow tires is really amazing. Awd is even better, but I'd prefer to spend that money on other options.

Got invite today.

Background:
Bought our 2013 Model S via CPO program in mid-2015.
Reserved Model 3 at Lawrence/Toronto in-store 3PM on reveal day (didn't wait in line).
So, even buying a used Model S meant we got the owner priority invite today, nice to see that.

First world problems : I want AWD for performance reasons. But also want to dip into that sweet Ontario $14K rebate. Life is a struggle. Ho hum.

Got invite today.

Background:
Bought our 2013 Model S via CPO program in mid-2015.
Reserved Model 3 at Lawrence/Toronto in-store 3PM on reveal day (didn't wait in line).
So, even buying a used Model S meant we got the owner priority invite today, nice to see that.

First world problems : I want AWD for performance reasons. But also want to dip into that sweet Ontario $14K rebate. Life is a struggle. Ho hum.

I'm a non-owner online reservation holder with an invite. I also want AWD for performance and added traction reasons but the uncertain doom of the $14k rebate is more of a consideration.

If Dual Motors costs at least $6,600, that's just shy of $7,500 after tax. And if the rebate is abolished by/before Dual Motors is available then it's a potential loss of around $21,500.

Ho hum indeed!

Also I believe it was only 20% or so reservations in Canada are going with rwd according to the reservation survey. So if Tesla really wants to sell a lot of the model 3 in Canada to defer the US tax credit they'll have to roll out the awd soon.
Hang on, whose survey? I wasn't asked! :eek:

I would absolutely go RWD. Can't afford AWD (can't afford RWD either but it's less of a stretch).

Reactions: Falkirk
I'm a non-owner online reservation holder with an invite. I also want AWD for performance and added traction reasons but the uncertain doom of the $14k rebate is more of a consideration.

If Dual Motors costs at least $6,600, that's just shy of $7,500 after tax. And if the rebate is abolished by/before Dual Motors is available then it's a potential loss of around $21,500.

Ho hum indeed!

That seems strange to me that you got an invite and I haven't. I lined up at 5:00 in the morning first day. I would have assumed that would put me ahead of non-owners who put their deposits down online.

Reactions: McFlurri