Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reminder Tesla!! I'm trying to but you're not making it easy!

YiLPh7a.png

Configuration is open for me now. Non owner, pre-reveal online reservation!

So excited.. can't decide whether to wait for AWD and risk the incentive.

Where were you in line? I was in Toronto about 120th in line and made my deposit just before 10am

Just checked online..and i'm ready to configure.

I'm still struggling with my choices though. I may need to make a post for help. LOL

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Yahoo!!!!

I also got my invitation!!
Non-owner and registered at Yorkdale at 12:30 pm

I my be ready to order the RWD and get Tesla 3 Blue in 4-8 wks.
Gonna stew on it for a few days wether or not I should go for it now!!

Everyone says the RWD with good snows works just fine.

I'm getting the Blue as well and skipping the AWD. It'll be fine as long as you get winter tires. Are you getting Auto pilot or not? I'm struggling because the car hits an astronomical $85,000 now... before tax rebate.

85g’s?!?! Holy smokes! To have that kind of cash to play with...
I was all in to put a deposit down. But I waited till official pricing. As I thought, the thing is just too bloody expensive for me to use as a commuter car. Especially since it’s got steel in key places where winter will completely eat it alive in a few years time. Regardless of you slowing the process down by getting it Krowned.
I’m going to wait a few more years (by a few, I mean at least 8yrs lol). Maybe then prices for EV’s will be more reasonable.
I’m sad I have to give up my current Miata. But she’s very tired. Has 248k on the clock and the body is in need of restoration if I want it to last longer. Got a decent quote of about $4500 to do a full paint over and take care of the rust that’s formed along the rear wheel arches. She’s been Krowned since day 1 when I picked her up 10yrs ago. But alas the winters here are absolutely brutal.
I managed to squeeze in some autotrader time today and I managed to find a very decent mazda3 GT I’ll be looking at next week.
I don’t want to spend anything over 20g’s for a vehicle that’s going to get eaten alive by winter.

I was all in to put a deposit down. But I waited till official pricing. As I thought, the thing is just too bloody expensive for me to use as a commuter car. Especially since it’s got steel in key places where winter will completely eat it alive in a few years time. Regardless of you slowing the process down by getting it Krowned.
I’m going to wait a few more years (by a few, I mean at least 8yrs lol). Maybe then prices for EV’s will be more reasonable.
I’m sad I have to give up my current Miata. But she’s very tired. Has 248k on the clock and the body is in need of restoration if I want it to last longer. Got a decent quote of about $4500 to do a full paint over and take care of the rust that’s formed along the rear wheel arches. She’s been Krowned since day 1 when I picked her up 10yrs ago. But alas the winters here are absolutely brutal.
I managed to squeeze in some autotrader time today and I managed to find a very decent mazda3 GT I’ll be looking at next week.
I don’t want to spend anything over 20g’s for a vehicle that’s going to get eaten alive by winter.

Ya i'm still shocked at the price of this vehicle. It's over 20,000 for a comparable Audi or Mercedes. My current car is 17 years old and it's on it's last legs so i need a new car and i don't want a gas powered car anymore.

Hopefully your car lasts a little while longer or the new one works out for you.

The sad thing is that it is really the salt on the roads that is the problem. It costs billions a year in replacement of vehicles, bridges, and other damage because of the salt, not to mention the environmental costs. If we used a more expensive substitute in the long run we would be better off. And maybe, you would have been able to get your Model 3.:(