Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well apparently there just might be a Model 3 in Canada. My Mom, who drives a Bolt and considered the Model 3 before getting the Bolt says she saw one in Lachine Qc. It was dark gray and she noticed the distinct flat front fascia. She says it was followed by a Model S. I told her she saw a Model X but she`s adamant it was smaller than my Model S. She also knows the difference between a classic and a refresh S so I consider it fairly credible even though I have my doubts. Maybe I`ll go snoop around the Ferrier store tomorrow.

• Helpful
Reactions: 3Victoria
So are people legitimately expecting deliveries in Canada in late 2018 at this point? I'm a first day reservation holder in Halifax. Unfortunately, my old Accord that I was hoping would survive until my Model 3 was ready has pretty much died - it needs more work put into it than its worth...

I'm thinking about leasing something for two years, but that'll put me to the end of 2019. If my Model 3 actually did come up for configuration at the end of next year, I'd still be stuck in my lease for another 12 months unless I could find someone to take it over. Dilemma! Realistically, I'd be surprised if Model 3s reached Halifax before Spring 2019, maybe summer 2019?

Or join me in the carless club — it's tough though, but that only means I'll appreciate my 3 more than most, lol! :p

This could be old news since I sat on it since August (sorry), but a sales advisor shared this tidbit with me when I asked if the Canadian rollout would follow the States, and how it would look generally:
As far as the list of regions for vehicles, we recently changed our positioning on going west to east in America. That could be the same for Canada, so you might expect to get the car at the same time as someone from Vancouver to Quebec. I hope that is available in 2018, but I can’t speculate on if that is true, and would hate to give you false hope.

Last edited:
I received an offer from someone at Tesla Toronto (Lawrence Avenue) to schedule a test drive. I'm from Calgary, so perhaps their system got messed up. I actually had gone into Calgary recently to ask a few followup questions for my 3 reservation.

The interesting part of the email was this: "Model 3 drives will commence next year, likely somewhere around spring/summer."
If we get a chance to test drive or at least test-fit and see the different 3 configurations (PUP, non-PUP, etc) of the 3 before committing to the reservation, I will be ecstatic.

So are people legitimately expecting deliveries in Canada in late 2018 at this point?

I don't think anyone even at Tesla could give you a realistic estimate at this point for Canadian delivery start date.
I am also first day reservation holder + Model S owner and mytesla page still states that my expected delivery is "late 2018" but it is just their original WAG that they have not bothered to update. Once production ramps to 5K/week, then they will be able to make some reliable predictions, until then its up in the air.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
I don't think anyone even at Tesla could give you a realistic estimate at this point for Canadian delivery start date.
I am also first day reservation holder + Model S owner and mytesla page still states that my expected delivery is "late 2018" but it is just their original WAG that they have not bothered to update. Once production ramps to 5K/week, then they will be able to make some reliable predictions, until then its up in the air.
Plus getting approval from Transport Canada, which may be slightly more difficult to predict :eek:

Here is the photo of the Model 3 charging at Squamish - apparently this is an early model from around March-April which is indicated by the serial number (87) on the rear window. There is no truth to the rumour that this is Sid's car - he is busy at this time of year.
7knjul7pzk001.jpg

Last edited: