Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are moving in the near future to accommodate our new addition to the family. We're hoping(not holding our breath) to be near a destination charger or that potential landlords or building owners are open to the idea of installing some faster charging.

I started poking around to see if there's a Victoria version of this map anywhere, but haven't found one yet.

Find an EV-friendly Strata Building

Definitely make that a requirement for where you move in if you can - street parking or parking in a parkade without any sort of plug will be very difficult! You will be a much happier if you can charge at home versus having to always be looking for charging if you're out & about. With standard mileage, even a 120V/20A circuit could meet your daily/weekly charging needs whereas a 240V circuit is ideal and would be adequate for even high mileage drivers. Make sure any apartment/condo owner that you approach knows that that is a selling feature you would be taking advantage of (and lets them know of the growing market).
The other option may be to drive to work and charge where you park for work. I obviously don't know where you work, but looking at Plugshare there are a number of parkades with L2 chargers in downtown Victoria.

Thanks guys, I work downtown near a couple of those parkades and it wouldn't be a huge deal to leave a car there for the day but obviously at home would be better. I current walk/cycle to work and have no reason to change that, unless our new place is farther out of town, which is a possibility. I'll definitely bring it up though as we are apartment hunting and hopefully someday we'll have a nice map like Kyra shared to make the hunting easier.

I've been saying this for awhile in other threads, all I'm waiting for is the configurator. I

want to put in a reservation, but I want to see what the prices are going to be. I know I won't

be getting it anytime soon. My present car will hold for at least another year or 2.
Plus this gives me more time to clear the debt I've accumulated lately.

Looking for a long range RWD, blue, with the premium package. This will be ideal for me.

Reactions: doubeld
I've been saying this for awhile in other threads, all I'm waiting for is the configurator. I

want to put in a reservation, but I want to see what the prices are going to be. I know I won't

be getting it anytime soon. My present car will hold for at least another year or 2.
Plus this gives me more time to clear the debt I've accumulated lately.

Looking for a long range RWD, blue, with the premium package. This will be ideal for me.
If Elon's prediction of 700,000 units a year comes through, you might be waiting a bit...

But it is another piece of evidence in the over-promise and under-deliver category. Like a Service Centre in Ottawa. Like 18 new SuperChargers in Ontario in 2017, etc.

The other thing of note is that year over year increases in Model S/X sales is rather modest - I think it was 4.5%. Does that mean that the market for these cars is now saturated?

Tesla has always ramped slower than expected on new car production. Every single time. This was to be expected.

If you look at the "Canada fifth in the world" thread I think we can see why there is no service center here.

Pretty much every news story published about this in the last 24 hours mentions that the target was 1500 vehicles for Q3-2017.

The news wants a headline. They don't report that Elon originally said production would start by end of 2017, and more recently that the quarterly guidance is aspirational because the s curve of production make quarterly number predictions difficult. Next year production will be humming along.