Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've reserved two days after the unveil. I don't think I'll get AWD, nor want fancy options. The first available batch (with large batteries) will be good. I expect delivery towards the end of Q1 2018.

I reserved the evening of April 1, 2016. Ideally I would prefer AWD and the larger battery - and am hoping for delivery in/before September 2018. Until then, need to work on figuring out the most cost-effective way to create a covered parking/charging area in our driveway.

I reserved the evening of April 1, 2016. Ideally I would prefer AWD and the larger battery - and am hoping for delivery in/before September 2018. Until then, need to work on figuring out the most cost-effective way to create a covered parking/charging area in our driveway.
Here in Toronto lots of people have Tesla HPWCs outside and charge their cars in uncovered outdoor locations. Is your concern snow or rain?

Here in Toronto lots of people have Tesla HPWCs outside and charge their cars in uncovered outdoor locations. Is your concern snow or rain?

Hi Wayne :)

We don't get much snow here in Victoria (though last winter sure threw us for a loop!) and I'm not worried about the rain. The issue is that there's a huge old tree next to our driveway that drips considerable amounts of weird sticky stuff onto whatever happens to be parked underneath it. We've been parking on the street thus far but that won't work for charging the Model 3. If we really aren't able to build some sort of detached carport structure (either for financial reasons or the city telling us it's not allowed), then I suppose I'll have to put one of those fabric covers over the car each night - as I don't have the time to be frequently washing dried sticky gunk off the car.

(Apologies for the side-bar canopy conversation)

Yes, the portable canopies don't look as nice, and this would be for a driveway in front of the house, not along the side. I would like something like this, but my husband just started laughing when I suggested it, so I'm assuming it may not meet his idea of "cost-effective" :rolleyes:

45ebe51d8a98d8c7f51981dc7fea8b35--cantilever-carport-car-shelter.jpg

(Apologies for the side-bar canopy conversation)

Yes, the portable canopies don't look as nice, and this would be for a driveway in front of the house, not along the side. I would like something like this, but my husband just started laughing when I suggested it, so I'm assuming it may not meet his idea of "cost-effective" :rolleyes:

View attachment 235065
Put solar panels on it and let it pay for itself! (Well, HELP pay for itself.)

Not too much chatter here about model 3. Who else has a reservation? What configuration do you expect to have? What's your guess as to your delivery date and why?
There's dozens of us! I'm hoping for the largest battery size (~75kWh), AWD (I want regen on both axles - I personally believe this is a design defect of the RWD flavours) and a few options, depending on what the dang CAD has in store for us. I'm hoping for Q3-Q4 2018 as I'll have it mostly paid off by then depending if I dump a bunch of money into solar panels first. Hoping to spend no more than $65k. *gulp*

Reactions: Kira
Hi Wayne :)

We don't get much snow here in Victoria (though last winter sure threw us for a loop!) and I'm not worried about the rain. The issue is that there's a huge old tree next to our driveway that drips considerable amounts of weird sticky stuff onto whatever happens to be parked underneath it. We've been parking on the street thus far but that won't work for charging the Model 3. If we really aren't able to build some sort of detached carport structure (either for financial reasons or the city telling us it's not allowed), then I suppose I'll have to put one of those fabric covers over the car each night - as I don't have the time to be frequently washing dried sticky gunk off the car.
Could just chop the tree down, or cut the branches that overhang. ;)

• Helpful
I've got two reserved as well, lined up on the morning of March 31st. I'm really hoping that our wait for dual motor will not be too bad as I really want to get my Model 3 as quickly as possible but I also really want dual motor. Hoping to see the config open shortly after the July 28th launch party.