Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Car Insurance in Texas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Houston, $1,700/yr for my Tesla M3 with mid market carrier Cincinnati. $500k combine limits with $1,000 deductible and excellent comprehensive insurance and $60k agreed upon value. No claims or anything. Pricey but I checked around and Farmers wasn’t much different when they matched the coverages and they don’t have agreed value either.

Hi all,

I was just quoted $724 for six months from State Farm, which is be-nanas. Clean driving record with over 20+ years of driving and I was floored.

I saw other threads here about obtaining insurance in states like Michigan, etc., but would love to know any referrals for car insurance from other providers here in the DFW area.

Hope to hear from you!
Hi all,

I was just quoted $724 for six months from State Farm, which is be-nanas. Clean driving record with over 20+ years of driving and I was floored.

I saw other threads here about obtaining insurance in states like Michigan, etc., but would love to know any referrals for car insurance from other providers here in the DFW area.

Hope to hear from you!

Hi all,

Hope to hear from you!

Hi,
I just put my order in for a LR AWD, live apprx 30 miles north of Austin. We have auto and home insurance with Farmers and they quoted me $1000 every 6 months. They said they don’t have enough data regarding the repair expenses related to Tesla so not crazy about insuring them right now. They said a Model S would be $3k every 6 months :O

USAA quoted me $764 every 6 months and Progressive $661 (both of these included liability coverage for a 2002 Miata as well as the M3). Not thrilled about hearing Progressive will bump the rates up after the first year :(

May I ask, who did you finally end up going with and were you able to find a reasonable rate?

Hi,
I just put my order in for a LR AWD, live apprx 30 miles north of Austin. We have auto and home insurance with Farmers and they quoted me $1000 every 6 months. They said they don’t have enough data regarding the repair expenses related to Tesla so not crazy about insuring them right now.

I also had Farmers and was told the exact same thing. I had to switch to Progressive. My rates are actually lower now even though I added a Model 3 Performance and dropped a 2007 Tundra.

Reactions: Bblsttx
I am in a bit of a spot. I got my financing with Alliant and have my insurance with AAA (which cannot go below a $2000 deductible). The car is ordered and on the way but now Alliant is saying that they cannot accept a $2000 deductible and want a $1000 or lower. I got a pretty good rate at AAA and don't want to lose that .