Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Center Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Kenriko First, thanks for the great product. I can't believe I was able to do this on the first try. I got matte black, and it looks amazing, waaay better than the scratch prone piano black. I need the door trim kit in matte black, can't find it on amazon. Does it exist?

How do you prevent the crinkles at the corners surrounding the cup holder?
I was trying to figure this out too. Heat will allow it to stretch, but then it would require trimming and there not really additional material. I just live with the seams, or trim the material with a sharp rzr.

actually the second time doing the cup holder I trimmed the entire circle around the silver trim. Looks much better. I use a safety rzr blade because it's what I have available, very thin, very sharp, just tape off one side so you don't cut yourself.

This time I nailed the cup holder circles, but I messed up one small area right on the endge (it went down about 1mm out of place and I was able to stretch most of the material with some heat, but missed a 1" section right on the edge. hah.

Reactions: xilex
Any luck finding a clear gloss protector that is pre-cut? I'm also looking to keep the gloss piano black look. I currently have the matte black installed and it's pretty flat and boring. I got quotes from other shops that can do a custom install but it's a bit pricey.

Just an FYI, i did end up purchasing clear gloss center console and door handle wraps from RPM Tesla. I love them and they do not leave finger prints, especially the door handles which are fingerprint magnets. I can def. recommend both

Did anyone go with the silver / brushed aluminum one? Is it textured or just flat plastic?
I have white for center console and brushed for door trim. The brushed gives a nice textured look and feel. Mine is black brushed though.

I might just do the whole thing in black brushed metal if I was going to do it again, I ordered some material to give wrapping the dash with brushed metal a try (I get glare on my my mirrors from the white dash)