Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Center Console Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I attempted to install the cupholder part yesterday and it was more difficult than I thought it would be. In the end I was finally able to get it aligned but when I started trimming the inside of the cupholder, I accidentally pulled off more than the part I trimmed. Oops. I'm so glad that theres an extra cupholder piece. Im going to reattempt it this weekend.

Tuck it in between the black plastic and the silver trim of the cupholder using the edge of the smaller tucking tool (plastic razor blade) and then trim it with the razor blade. If it's tucked in properly then it won't peel. Also any contaminates under the wrap material including oil from the skin can cause it to lose adhesion.
Thanks for the tip. I was struggling to tuck it under using the plastic blades but found that using my fingernail worked better for me to tuck those edges in.

Just finished with the CF wrap. Wow, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Think the fact that the CF material is thicker, it made it a lot easier to handle. Took me less than 30 minutes and that was with me taking my time to perfect it.

One thing I didn't do that he did on the video, I never used the razor blade to trim the excess inside the cup holder. Honestly, didn't think it needed any trimming since it looked good.

I'm extremely happy with the end result. C

Just finished with the CF wrap. Wow, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Think the fact that the CF material is thicker, it made it a lot easier to handle. Took me less than 30 minutes and that was with me taking my time to perfect it.

One thing I didn't do that he did on the video, I never used the razor blade to trim the excess inside the cup holder. Honestly, didn't think it needed any trimming since it looked good.

I'm extremely happy with the end result. C

Carbon Fiber is super durable and the most easy of the materials to install. I’m glad you like it.

Kenriko:

Any chance that you will do a wood grain wrap to match the dash panel? I'd suggest a thicker than usual material to give it a wood veneer "feel". Is this feasible?

Vistan

I intend to spend some time experimenting with different wood grain materials to find something that looks good.

Edit: Just purchased a ton of samples from my distributor.

Last edited:
Bought the matte black kit and can't wait to get my car and install it! Kenriko, any chance you can do just the T on the steering wheel in red? I can't find any option for a red logo on the steering wheel. Also any chance you are going to do the long wood dash piece ever? I would love to make mine white one day.

Reactions: MissyMcBee
I was finally able to redo my cupholder area and it looks much better. I'm so glad you included the extra piece. Didnt think I would need it since I'm usually really careful. Thanks Kenriko for putting together such an awesome set. The matte black looks so much better!

Got my Model 3 Friday, Sunday morning I was installing my matte black wrap. Thanks @Kenriko for such a great installation video. Really happy with how it turned out, love not constantly wiping down the console and not worrying about scratches.
IMG_8808.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• RPM-console wrap wood.jpg
    RPM-console wrap wood.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 90